• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am trying to upgrade to newest version of Flash Player on my Windows 7 system

Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears to be installing but I get the message "Failed to Register" . I have tried all of the help advice, but no luck.  When I check the button to verify that I have flash player. it says I do not.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first statement in your answer says to install Flash player. Refer to my question--Flash player will not install. Message says "Failed to register"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi talmartin2,

I realize you can't install Flash Player.  Did you read through the FAQ or stop at step 1?  Please read through the FAQ.  'Failed to register' errors most often mean that there are file system and/or registry permissions issues on the directory, files, and/or registry items Flash Player writes to.  Most often fixing permissions by running SubInACL fixes this issue.

I don't know what you were trying to say in your second post as it was rejected by a moderator.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There is no text in your reply.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2015 Jul 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After numerous attempts, I still cannot install.

How do I run "SubinACL ? I am willing to try anything now.

Thanks

Tal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2015 Jul 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi talmartin2

There's a video at the bottom of the FAQ How do I fix Windows permission problems with Flash Player?

Using the instructions How to share a document, please provide the FlashInstall.log file saved at the following location:

• 32-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
  • 64-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash AND C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash (both are necessary)

Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2015 Nov 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How does Adobe suck so hard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please follow steps in following link to get the latest version of flash player in your system:

Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac

Installing and Updating Flash Player - FAQ

Thanks,

Amrit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines