• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re-post: Need Adobe or CF Guru Help!

Engaged ,
Mar 19, 2008 Mar 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone with knowledge of this problem please reply - thanks!

On a version 7.02 server I have a process where:

1. We run page1 which populates a table with X records
2. page1 also creates a scheduled task to run page2 to process those X records every Y minutes
3. page1 cfincludes page2 at the end, to process the 1st batch of X records

page2 deletes X records each time it runs (and inserts a record into a separate tracking table which I'm using only to debug & see exactly what's going on and so I can know when this code is run.)

Then, as page2 runs as the scheduled task, when it has zero records left to process it deletes the scheduled task. Monitoring this process in CF Admin, the task is indeed getting created & deleted properly and everything seems to have worked fine.

HOWEVER, as I monitor the tracking table, the deleted scheduled task, page2 is STILL running every Y minutes !!

Anybody know what's giong on?

Here's the code which creates the task (var urrl has ben set with path & file to run, the interval of 70 is just for testing):

<cfschedule action="update"
task="batch_email" operation="httprequest"
startdate="01/01/08" starttime="12:00 AM"
url="#urrl#"
interval = "70">

Here's the code code which deletes task:

<cfschedule action="delete"
task="batch_email"
operation="httprequest" >

----------------------------------------

Evidently this WAS a bug in 6.1. Was it not fixed? Or, if it was, something broke again. Please, if anyone has any suggestions we could really use some help: From 2004 at: http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_18361

"When deleting scheduled tasks through the use of thecfschedule tag in Macromedia ColdFusion MX and MX 6.1, the tasks continue to run as previously scheduled even though they have been deleted.

Configuration information for scheduled tasks is stored in thecf_root\lib\neo-cron.xml file. When deleting scheduled tasks through the use of the cfschedule tag, the neo-cron.xml file is not updated properly and the task continues to execute. This has been identified as Macromedia issue 48529. This behavior does not occur when deleting tasks through the ColdFusion Administrator."
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Mar 19, 2008 Mar 19, 2008
D'oh! Indeed you did:

Mike Schierberl's Blog: cfschedule delete - workaround (from google cache)[

Thanks *again* & sorry to take up more bandwidth. I'll give this a try and see what happend..

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I posted a link with a possible work-around in another thread. Did you ever try that?

While not ideal, you might try creating a second task. Its function would be solely to delete the one time page2 task when finished.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

D'oh! Indeed you did:

Mike Schierberl's Blog: cfschedule delete - workaround (from google cache)[

Thanks *again* & sorry to take up more bandwidth. I'll give this a try and see what happend..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Well, I have not actually tried it myself 😉 So let us know how it turns out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation