• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto-sizing popups

Feb 27, 2008 Feb 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
Recipe: I create TopicA that holds a single screen shot. Then, in another topic, I create an auto-sizing popup link to TopicA.
Result: When the popup opens, it is considerably wider than the graphic. The height is fine.
After a bit of research, I have discovered that auto-sizing popups prioritize tall over wide. So, "that's just the way they work."
Has anyone here ever devised a workaround to this issue?
Or, does anyone know which area of the BSSCPopup section of the ehlpdhtm.js file I might try to tweak?
I am generating WebHelp through RH7.
Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2008 Feb 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI ConTextCB

Have you tried using the option to specify the height and width of the popup? I'd perhaps add maybe 30 pixels to what the image reports as height and width and go that route.

Just a thought... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 28, 2008 Feb 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,
Thanks for your idea. Yes, I knew that was an option, but figured I should try the most complex approach before I went with the most simple!
The auto-size feature is great except for popups that are as tall or taller than they are wide. So, I will heed your suggestion and custom-size the popups, as needed.
Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2008 Mar 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Along the same lines, can you set the size of the help window when it launches so that it does not cover the entire screen? If I size my browswer window a certain size they will launch in that size.

Mary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 19, 2008 Mar 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
FWIW,

If I have a choice of rectangle formats, I opt for the horizontal one, for a number of reasons having nothing to do with popup windows.

Of course, not every illustration can be forced from tall to wide. I understand this and am not advocating a ban on tall graphics or arbitrarily chopping off pieces at top and bottom.

But sometimes you can make this choice ahead of time in laying out or cropping material to focus on the most relevant information.

As I said, FWIW.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp