• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change default text in Skin editor

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope someone can help. I need to change the default text in the Webhelp Skin editor under Search - area above the navigation pane (below marked in red):

Webhelp Skin editor.jpg

The problem is I need the font size to be size 11 to tally with the layout and since I cannot control the devision line, I hoped I could controll the wording in that particular area?

In the generated Webhelp part of the text is cut off:

Webhelp Skin editor2.jpg

Any idears?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

I would check the LNG file (Projects > Settings – Language) you might be able to change the text in there (if never tried to change that part).

You can also change the width of the left hand pane by doing this (old post):

1. You can do this whole operation with the project open in RoboHelp. I would create a new custom skin first to try it on.

2. If your project is in source control, check out the skin file first (example fred.skn).

3. In Windows Explorer, find the .skn file - by default, it's stored

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would check the LNG file (Projects > Settings – Language) you might be able to change the text in there (if never tried to change that part).

You can also change the width of the left hand pane by doing this (old post):

1. You can do this whole operation with the project open in RoboHelp. I would create a new custom skin first to try it on.

2. If your project is in source control, check out the skin file first (example fred.skn).

3. In Windows Explorer, find the .skn file - by default, it's stored in projectfolder\!SkinSubFolder!\skinfolder.

4. Open the .skn file in any text editor. Notepad works fine.

5. There are two lines that start with "frameset cols=" in the skin file. Default is <frameset cols="220,*" etc.

6. Change the 220 to the number of columns you want. Make sure you change it in both places.

7. Save the skin file.

8. Generate the project with the edited skin and display the project. (If you open it in IE and your settings suppress ActiveX content, you will need to allow active content before the TOC pane resizes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp