Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign: evented I/O for v8 javascript has stopped working

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Support team,

As of this morning every time I open In-design I am now getting the below error.

indesign.PNG

It pops up every 10 or so seconds.

I am running a windows 7 PC, I have updated java (after the error started), no windows updates have been installed. no plugins or add-ons added.

Event logs don't show any application error for in-design.

Can you please help me in rectifying this issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

Only affecting In-Design as part of creative cloud, broke for us sometime overnight.

I've checked firewalls, proxy servers, removed and re-installed In-Design - still no joy.

I'm out of ideas - reckon it's time to call Adobe.  Wish me luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here. Can't use InDesign at all as the same message pops up every couple of seconds. This was after the automatic Creative Cloud app update this morning. I didn't update the InDesign app itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, We've got 3 users with this problem. Only with InDesign CC 2015 (2014 is fine but there are obvious problems when the file was created in 2015)

I'm fairly sure that it is to do with the CC desktop app as I have an earlier version installed (3.3.0.151) and it's fine, this is the same with other users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got through to Adobe web support.

their response:

"I would like to inform you that so many users have reported for this issue and we have reported the same issue to engineering team and they are working on it"

So they know about it, have passed it to the engineers, and they are working on it.

No idea of the problem, no ETA - but they are on it.

If this turns out to be a drip-fed patch from Adobe that has knackered InDesign then I'm not a happy camper...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have any of you tried going back in time with Windows System Restore?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our IT department loaded Adobe CC and software onto a brand new computer and got this problem!! There are more people in the office this morning with the same issue. None of us can use InDesign - this is ludicrous when will Adobe sort this out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

patches require both writing code and testing before they can be released. You wouldn't want them to break something else, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue here. CC2015 running on Windows 7. Hope it's fixed soon! I'm not able to do any system restores here on my work computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this problem since the latest update affecting hundreds of users.  I've tried downloading more recent node.exe file and replacing the current files at play from node.js.  this doesn't work.

I did a search on the system for node.exe and it appears in 3 locations.  I renamed each node.exe to node.exe.bak and this seems to have put the issue at bay for now. 

Also ensured Enable Generator is disabled within Photoshop. 

Waiting for appropriate fix from Adobe as it's affecting multiple customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem - I followed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm absolutely positive it's the file in Adobe Creative Cloud\CCLibrary. Renaming it eliminates the error message. The drawback is that CC Libraries can not be used at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have in both locations the node.exe with Version 0.10.40.0 replaced by a x86-exe from a global node-Installation (node.exe Version 0.12.2.0). I got no more messages and javascript-extensions are working. So it seems to fix the problem. I have also found a node.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Edge Code CC with Version 0.10.24.0. At the moment, i got no problems with that version in that place, but this version did not work in the libs-directories.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heya,

Thank you for helping me locate the node, I just don't know what to do next (i'm just a beginner at indesign). Could you please help me by telling me what i need to do with it now? I'm really sorry but i need it for work and I just don't know how to fix this problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply rename the file "node.exe" to something else, e.g. "node.exe.bak".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with all my CC apps and my CC libraries don't work now after I downloaded the latest CC update it is driving me insane, come on Adobe fix it!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the CC libraries issue with a previous update. If you go into task manager > processes > 'end task' for the CC libraries process you should have access to your libraries again. But I had to do this each time I opened the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I tried that and still not working in any App..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like it's Windows 7 users that are experiencing this problem. Any recent Microsoft updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I know of, only the CC update and yes I am using Windows 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No recent MS updates.  This issues only started when updating to the latest version of Creative Cloud App.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Creative Cloud app do you have installed? You can view the version in the CC app preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update - 2.3.0.151 (creative cloud 3.4.0.180)

Creative Cloud Help | Creative Cloud desktop app | Release Notes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using 3.3.0.151 I didn't have the problem yesterday. Mine is demanding I update now though. Others who were broken were on the 3.4 version so reasonably sure rolling back the version would fix it if possible (or at least allow for a reinstall).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3.4.0.180 I got the alert to tell me that Adobe CC had been updated and immediately after that the error message started up. I have had it set to update automatically but now realise this was a bad idea!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines