• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Email accounts limits (size)

Engaged ,
Jun 13, 2013 Jun 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all can somebody tell me how big can an email account be?

I might jump in business Catalyst soon and become a partner

It seems to be a great solution for a freelancer like me.

But i find it hard to find basic answers like how big can a email account be

(For people who dont clean  their mailboxes often)

Sorry for my lousy English...

y.d.

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Hi Chris,

I am afraid the max email inbox size has not changed, it is still 5Gb on the BC side, adding extra space is not possible at the moment.

Thanks,

Mihai

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't remember it being clearly documented either-- but I'm guessing the amount of space for emails can't be more than the storage allotment for your BC plan.

If you do plan on getting into BC for freelance I highly recommend using Google Apps for your email. You can host it at your domain and it's pretty affordable if you want just a few email addresses.  The price you pay is definitely worth the stability and features you get with Google Apps.

In my experience, BC email in the past was somewhat unreliable.  From what I've been told by some clients they rarely have issues anymore with it but BC does have some downtime on occasion and email is affected for a short period of time.  You won't lose mail-- it will just be delayed.

Sorry I don't have an answer on email storage limits but I will always recommend using Google Apps for your hosted email for reliability and features... if your business depends on email-- go Google.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each individual mail account hosted with Business Catalyst has a mailbox size of 5gb.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 14, 2013 Jun 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matt you work fo BC right, so you are sure about that eh?

what about the reability?

i have a bunch of questions i need to answer before making a investment like this.

y.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2013 Jun 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matt is right. It's 5GB per email account.

And is it readability ? or reliability ?

They have pretty good reliability I guess, sometime there been issues with email service went down and become a bit slow but hasn't really been "end of the world" problem and I belive it's been more reliable since they moved to new server.

You don't have to make an investment, just start as a free partner and upgrade later if you love it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 04, 2014 Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matt, How do I add more storage. I'm busting at the seams here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2014 Dec 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am afraid, at this stage its not possible increase the storage limit for email accounts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi its been more than a year... i have clients asking for more than 5 gb.

we dont want to go google gmail hosting cause we want everything "at the same place" like it is suppose to be in BC

Come on guys! ask your mail service supplier to increase the size.

yd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 02, 2016 Mar 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have clients that are over their limits as well. It's crazy that there still is no increase on the 5GB limit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interestingly, OpenSRS syas MAILBOX size limit is 16GB.... How much storage is included with OpenSRS Email? – OpenSRS Help & Support

How much storage is included with OpenSRS Email?

January 19, 2015 02:12

• Standard mailbox costs $0.50/month which includes 5GB storage.
  • Each additional 5GB can be added to a mailbox for $0.50/month.
  • Maximum size you can set on a mailbox is 16GB.
  • Messages up to 35MB are supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Chris,

I am afraid the max email inbox size has not changed, it is still 5Gb on the BC side, adding extra space is not possible at the moment.

Thanks,

Mihai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines