• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Word - not finding all the styles

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2006 Nov 22, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was asked to investigate the RoboHelp software for a client to convert one of their documents onto the web. RoboHelp is a great tool and seems to do everything to match my requirements. I just have one problem that I cannot seem to shake. Every time I import the Word document and recieve the prompt to select a style as a deliminator for the pages, it does not display the Header2 style. This is vital to break the pages into sections. The Header1 style is available, the Header3 style is available, many other styles are available; is there a condition which must be met for RoboHelp to use a style?

We'd like to purchase the product but I need to present a proof of concept before we do so. Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2008 Mar 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have been searching for an answer to this question for three years. Any answers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In Word 2007 when I open a new document, the styles available under "All styles" include Heading 1, Heading 2, etc. I used Heading 2 in a Word document and RH picked up on it.

Also included in the default template are Header and Footer, which have specialized uses.

Where did Header1, Header2 and Header3 come from? Is Header2 used anywhere in the body of the document? RH should pick up on any styles used in the document, but doesn't look in the header or footer, so far as I know.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Whenever I have looked at problems similar to this, it is because the Heading style complained of is not a true Word Heading Style. Instead it is a style with a similar name.

Look very closely in Word at the styles used. Make sure you view ALL styles.

Create a brand new Word document and try importing that. Also create a document on someone else's PC.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp