• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any RoboHelp Updates Announced at the WritersUA Conference?

Participant ,
Mar 19, 2008 Mar 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were there any new updates to RoboHelp or RoboHelp Server announced at the WritersUA Conference this week?

I wish some updates to RH Server would be released. It's a product that needs some serious help.

The lack of documentation available for RoboHelp and RoboHelp Server is seriously ridiculous. I think Adobe needs to invest in a few more tech writers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2008 Mar 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jdcyclone1.

There was a patch release to RH7 released a few weeks ago. You can download it here. There are some of the major contributors to these forums (e.g. Peter Rick) at the conference so if there was I'm sure we'd have heard.

Good luck with your Adobe job search BTW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jdcyclone1

The biggest thing we heard at the conference was the Adobe AIR packager. This is a packager that allows you to take RoboHelp WebHelp content and create an AIR (Adobe Integrated Runtime) install of it. (Think in terms of a skinned .CHM file) Using this approach, you now have a single distributable file that gets installed to the end user's PC. This will be able to sense when updates have occurred and synchronize the installed file with the updated one. Very exciting.

I'm hesitant to announce this, but I've been working on a personal venture with regards to documentation. You may be interested in this link. I've got gobs of content to build yet.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

If I knew how to do it, I'd paste a great big thumbs-up image here!
I browsed the sample and look forward to seeing more.

I posted some comments and questions (mostly questions) in the AIR forum the other day. So far no responses, but now that you're back from the conference, would you take a look?

Thanks.

Harvey
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/categories.cfm?forumid=72&catid=679

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I took a look at the sample too out of curiosity. It looks great although not at all useful to someone who doesn't produce WebHelp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp