• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need Help with ScreenCapture

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2008 Mar 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a relatively new user to RoboHelp and am working on my first documentation project. I have documentation to import into RoboHelp from about 8 different users who all used slightly different image models. The one that I cannot figure out how to do in RoboHelp involves placing an image on an image.

For example, a user has a page shot from PeopleSoft HRMS in her document. On that page shot, she has used circles and/or arrows that highlight various items that are mentioned in the text of the document. I can import the page shot image without any problem. I can also import the circle/arrow image. But what I cannot do is put the arrow/circle on the first image to highlight the section of the page the user wants me to show. Basically, I want to be able to use a drawing tool (as you do in MS Word) to highlight text or another type of icon on the original image. I hope this makes sense.

I have tried the ScreenCapture function and can draw the circles/arrows that I want, but cannot get them on the image.

I hope this makes sense - I'm not sure if RoboHelp can do this, or if it just me. Again, this is my very first RoboHelp project and I would really appreciate some advice or help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 20, 2008 Mar 20, 2008
Rick - thanks from Colorado University Buffalo country for responding! I am so frustrated with this and really need some advice.

I am on version 7 and have been trying to use the RoboScreenCapture. I have been able to use the screen capture to draw my images and import them into my topics in RoboHelp. What I have not been able to do is to overlay one image on top of another.

Any additional advice? - thanks Maryellen

Maryellen Ancell

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MaryellenBuff and welcome to our community

Are you using the built in RoboScreenCapture utility? What version of RoboHelp do you have?

If you are using an older version of RoboHelp, you may need to consider a screen capture utility such as TechSmith's SnagIt. But if you are on a recent version of RoboHelp, RoboScreenCapture is included at no extra charge and you may find it to be perfectly serviceable.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick - thanks from Colorado University Buffalo country for responding! I am so frustrated with this and really need some advice.

I am on version 7 and have been trying to use the RoboScreenCapture. I have been able to use the screen capture to draw my images and import them into my topics in RoboHelp. What I have not been able to do is to overlay one image on top of another.

Any additional advice? - thanks Maryellen

Maryellen Ancell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Maryellen

Normally the workflow is this.

* Start RoboScreenCapture
* Capture a screen
* Add emphasis by using one of the tools in the panel to the left

Are you attempting to use bits of one image along with the main part? If so, this is where I tend to feel SnagIt excels. By allowing you to add arrows and callouts and such.

Might help to know exactly what you are trying to do with your images.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Rick - thank you so much! I've now got it working. What I wasn't doing correctly that was causing me the problem was capturing the screen image I wanted to modify from my documents and putting it into the ScreenCapture blank page. When I did that, I was able to modify the image with the overlaying graphics I wanted to add to the image and import it into RoboHelp. So now I'm able to move forward with my project. Again, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp