• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

License server communication problem: "E_IO_cannot_open"

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to download the licenses for some renewed ebooks for my Kobo via the public library They will not import into Adobe Digital Editions. I keep getting the following error message: "Error getting license. License server communication problem: E_IO_cannot_open" error message. At the same time, I am getting 1 'shadow' copy of 2 of the books, and 4 copies of the third book being added to my adobe digital editions bookshelf. I call them a 'shadow' copy because they are lurking on my ADE bookshelf but I can't do anything with them. When I remove one from my library, they all disappear. They all seem to be linked somehow.

Prior to trying to download the renewed ebooks, I deleted everything from my ADE library, cleared the cache on my internet browser, made sure my laptop clock was set to Edmonton time zone (I usually have it set to the timezone of the client that I am working with) and then restarted my internet browser and logged into epl ebooks. I have also uninstalled/reinstalled the software.

I am using windows 8.1 and Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.126523 and the SeaMonkey browser. I can't find a spot to update ADE within the ADE software, so I am assuming it it is up-to-date.

My Kobo ereader and the ADE install are less than four weeks old, so this is the first time that I have tried to renew anything.

Since this issue has begun, I am also unable to download any new epub books from the library. I am hesitant to connect the Kobo since this happened in case I also lose access to the books that I am currently reading.

Any ideas on how I can resolve this?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Glad that it is now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall 4.5 and install 3.0 Herunterladen | Adobe Digital Editions. Then try the download again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I switched to version 3.0, but am still getting the same error message (listed below) when I try to download either a new epub request or a renewed epub book from the library. I have tried using Chrome and SeaMonkey browsers.

Error message if item saved as a .acsm file and I try to add to library:

"Error getting license. License server communication problem: E_IO_cannot_open"

Error message if I rename the file as .epub when saving and then try to add to library:

"Errors were encountered in this item"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the file does not open. Still get the same error message.

"Error getting license. License server communication problem: E_IO_cannot_open"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Close all applications.
  2. Choose Start > Run.
  3. In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
  4. In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
  5. Select the Adept key.
  6. Choose File > Export.
  7. In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.
  8. Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.
  9. In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
  10. Close the Registry Editor.
  11. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still get the error message when I try to download a 'new' library book directly into ADE 3 or 4.5, BUT thanks to your reset instructions, I now have a work-around.

When I click on the "Download (epub book)" link for a new sign-out from our library,

I open them with ADE 1.7.2

which then converts them to an epub

that I can import to a newer version of ADE for import onto my Kobo eReader.

ADE 1.7.2 is the newest version that I can get this conversion to work with.

I found the ADE 1.7.2 download at the Strathcona Library site.

www.sclibrary.ab.ca/downloadade.htm

It is not an elegant solution, but it works, and that is all I need.

It does not work with renewed items, so I will have to read faster.

Thank you. Your contributions on this site are greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad that it is now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines