• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get the search functionality to work in Abode Digital Editions

Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to use the search text feature previously - now I can't. What do I need to do?

TOPICS
ACSM files

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search function are not work by all eBooks. It depends on the format of eBooks. For example by this file its works: http://contentserver.adobe.com/fulfillment/URLLink.acsm?action=free&ordersource=operator&resid=urn%3...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am quite certain that it worked the day before. Could there be something wrong with the file I have been given.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that the text search function only works once! If I remove the ebook from the library then drag the acsm file back into Adobe Digital Editions - the text search function will work for one more instance.

Please provide a solution as I am unable to use this ebook as a reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2015 Nov 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its the issue only with this eBook? My eBooks seems work always or not if have not the right format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answers to this post. I only have this one eBook. However I can do searches on the getting started guide. I have raised support cases to both the ebook re-seller and Adobe although no response so far (maybe due to the holidays in the US).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to add your file into my Digital Editions and the search worked. Didn't realize you could share files!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2015 Nov 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been advised by Adobe help that they cannot help me resolve this case directly by their support team via chat. The response was to come here to the forums - this is kind of baffling (unless of course it is watched and responded by Abode staff). So as explained; Text search function only works once; the second and subsequent times it doesn't find any matches (even though I know it is there). I know if I remove it from my library I can again do a text search once. Is it this file, or is it the software? My ID has sufficient activation count - as advised by Abode help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2016 Feb 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with not being able to search document for text.   Have logged inquiry with ebooks.com regarding this issue.  I purchased the e-book version specifically to search the document. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, legit purchase of an eBook but no ability to search.  I can Goto a page number and/or scroll thru the book, but that's it.

I've researched this problem and there are MANY MANY threads of users have the same issue but NOT a single solution and Adobe "support" (or lack of) is not helping at all?

Obviously there is a serious issue here, and it's not DRM, but a problem with Adobe.

Solution anywhere?

Rob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, here we are 6 years later, and the search function still doesn't work. Love it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can cut and paste a chapter at a time into Word and search there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Except at least with the books I have, the copy function doesn't work either. ADE is a disaster, in my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this? I am also a new ADE user, trying to search for terms in a 600+ e-book I just purchased and also did not find a copy function to follow advise above. Please respond if you found an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2023 Sep 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2023 september and I am experiencing the same problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue here..what's the point of providing this function ifit doesnt work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines