• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: Check Activation and Error with deautorization

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed ADE 4.5 on my PC. Every time I try to open an urllink.acsm I get the message: "Error! Check Activation". My PC ist autorized with my ID. I guess that the solution is to deautorize my PC and then to re-autorize it. Unfortunately, every time I try the deautorization I get the message "deautorization isn't possible. Try it later"... What can I do now? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start Digital Edition.
Press ctrl + shift + d

accept that remove authorize

then enter your data under help > authorize computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but doesn't work...

After accepting the deautorization I get the error message "deautorization isn't possible. Try it later" and I get back to the first window where I have to enter my ID and my password for starting the deautorization.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you used windows or macintosh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use windows 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Close all applications.
  2. Choose Start > Run.
  3. In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
  4. In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
  5. Select the Adept key.
  6. Choose File > Export.
  7. In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.
  8. Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.
  9. In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
  10. Close the Registry Editor.
  11. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem! I got the same solution to be applied, given by Adobe, but it is not working at all. ! I cannot find the adept key!

Here are screen shots of the registry Editor. Any help please? Thanks

WP_20151126_23_17_48_Pro.jpgWP_20151126_23_18_11_Pro.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2015 Nov 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must remove the complete: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept no Folder under this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where must I click to do this? I don't see ...I don't understand...

Does it mean that I have to right click on ADEPT and delete?  FOLLOWING THE FIRST PICTURE PULISHED ABOVE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lailas30932351 schrieb:

Where must I click to do this? I don't see ...I don't understand...

Does it mean that I have to right click on ADEPT and delete?  FOLLOWING THE FIRST PICTURE PULISHED ABOVE?

Yes you make a right click on ADEPT and deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your clear explanation. ADE is working again now. To say clicking right on the word ADEPT  is much more clear that saying ADEPT KEY.

Here is the sentence which will be useful to everybody : You make a right click on ADEPT and delete

I am very grateful for your help and your patience. I deeply appreciate.

May you have a great day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same error code: Error! Check Activation

I followed your explanation Registry Editor : registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

And everything works fine now.

Nanaky, thank you very much 🙂

LindaA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2015 Nov 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2015 Nov 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, very helpfull, it seems. I have exactly the same problem as described, but I am using Windows10. How do I reach the Registry, or will that be another path to solve the problem? The problem occured when switching from W7 to W10. Can you give advice on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The steps are the same for Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for Windows 10

reinhardk67031947....     write(regedit) here :

regedit_1.JPG 

Choose from list

regedit_2.JPG

Continue steps 4 to 11 (from  Nanaky) :

4.In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

5.Select the Adept key.

6.Choose File > Export.

7.In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.

8.Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.

9.In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

10.Close the Registry Editor.

11.Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

LindaA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, that helped me !

Since I only changed to W10 last week I still had to find where to put the regedit command (is done now).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can follow up until step 7: "In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save." But can you tell me what specifically I enter as the "name and location for the backup registry key"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That can you choose itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much! Your solution worked!

Before finding your solution, I wasted two days trying everything suggested by my library's technical support (uninstall ADE 4.5, reinstall 2.0, deauthorizing, reset as well as factory resetting my Kobo, etc. Nothng worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2016 Feb 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can you give me an example of a suitable file name for a backup registry key and a suitable location for it to go ?  I have no idea...I just read the Kobo.   

Very many thanks.   Dennis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2016 Feb 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You the name how the system give and used Desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines