• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to install system flash player so it shows up in chrome plugins page

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2015 Nov 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to install the system version so I can disable the integrated version (pepper flash), but only the integrated version shows up in the chrome plugins page even after I install (what I thought was) the system version.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 27, 2015 Nov 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a search and can't seem to find this myself. it appeared to be present in some 2014 versions of chrome, but there is nothing on how to enable it to force it to use the Windows system installed version of PPAPI.

I found a cmd line switch here:

List of Chromium Command Line Switches « Peter Beverloo

Change the shortcut target of chrome to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --ppapi-flash-path="C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\pepflashplayer32_19_0_0_245.dll"

it could show up as: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash

You need to delete that and you will see the correct path

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2015 Nov 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What will that do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2015 Nov 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And I might not need to actually do this, I was just told it was a way to fix the lag when playing tetris battle on facebook. Would you know of another way to do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines