• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion Crashing Due To "replace" Code

Participant ,
Mar 21, 2008 Mar 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used this code before, in fact it originated from a ColdFusion forums application from way back in the day that was succesfully deployed, so I'm not sure what's going on here. Basically I have an application that supports BBCode (such as and that is replaced with HTML bold tags when rendered to the browser) which allows me to restrict our users from inputting actual HTML into textareas but still have some control over the appearance of text. Everything works except for the BBCode to create hyperlinks, which I've attached here. The syntax is your_text_here. Simple enough, and as I mentioned it's worked before for other applications right out of the box... but for some reason it's locking up both my ColdFusion 5 and ColdFusion MX 7 boxes.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Mar 21, 2008 Mar 21, 2008
Nevermind, I got it working. Thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are in a big fat endless loop. You are not using the third parameter of the FindNoCase( ) function - the starting position for the find. Check out the code below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You nailed it, thanks. Maybe I'm pulling code from an earlier version of the forums application. Thanks!

Regardless, it seems the BBCode for the mailto portion is doing the same thing as this, but I was unable to get this one working using your correction. Can you see what's going on with this one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Nevermind, I got it working. Thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation