• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Link Crashing CS5 AE 64bit on Startup

May 14, 2010 May 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the following message when launching AE CS5:

"After Effects error: Crash in progress. Last logged message was: <4296> <DynamicLink> C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\dynamiclink\CS5\dynamiclinkmanager.exe"

The very first time I launched it it worked and I was arranging the workspace how I wanted it when it crashed the very first time.  Now when I try to launch the program again it gives me the message that I posted above.

Any ideas?

I'm using a brand new Alienware PC with 9 Gib of Ram.  All other Adobe Suite apps appear to be working with no issues.

Thanks,

Ragnar

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 14, 2010 May 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have known better but panic got the best of me.  I did a proper Forum search and found the answer.  I deleted the prefs from the Adobe...10 Folder and it now seems to work.  I'll try to rebuild my workspace the way I want it and hope it holds.  Forgot my own rule:  Search the Fourms first!

Ragnar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2010 May 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same error / crash.  Please link the forum thread that helped you resolve it or share your knowledge please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 22, 2010 May 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kazmandu,

Here's what I did; hope it works for you.  First, make sure you have Show Hidden files selected in your Tools...Folder Options.  Next, find the following folder string:  Users, AppData, Roaming, Adobe, After Effects, 10.0.  In this 10.0 folder you will see the following file:

Adobe After Effects 10.0-x64 Prefs

I deleted that file and then restarted After Effects CS5 and it worked again.  I did have to reset my Workspace the way I had so that took some time but since deleting that file I haven't had any startup issues or crashes.

Good luck.

Ragnar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 03, 2010 Jun 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue except this is the first time I've attempted to start the program! so I only have the default workspace and preferences.  I tried deleting that file and the whole folder, but to no avail.  reinstalling did not work, then I read elswhere to put a shortcut in the dynamiclinkmanagere.exe folder to afterFX, that didnt help either.  Anyone have a different fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey ^_^

i tried to do as you did but the problem is that i didn't find any folder in appdata !! even i checked if there are hiddin files or not ,,

help me ,,

BTW ,, the error appears when adding a ccertain video ,, @,@

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

found the file >> deleted it but the problem still there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do a fresh install.  If it still acts up, use adobe cleaner to completely remove all versions / folders and it should work fine.  (search adobe cleaner and you will see links for cs3 cs4 cs5,  use each one that applies to the versions you have had in the past to remove any hidden conflicting folders) Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip but sadly it didnt work.

I ended up uninstalling the entire production premium, running clean script, and reinstalling (resetting in between), put in my serial again and everything, yet the exact same problem first time I try to open after effects.  previous versions shouldnt be an issue because this is a (somewhat) new machine. I haven't had any of these programs on it before so any adobe files had to have come from the production premium installer I downloaded.  maybe I should have been patient and ordered a disk

I guess I'll make a phone call or email to tech people.

I appreciate the advice though, so thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok good luck, and please let us know when you find a solution so it will help other when searching the forum here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2010 Jun 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i used the demo, it worked fine until i installed a wacom tablet, then i got the same crash

i tried the cleanup and deleted the prefs re installed and every solution i could find googleing but nothin worked

i uninstalled my wacom and now ae cs5 worked again

sounds stupid i know, true story though

if you have a wacom tablet ( or possibly some other hardware that might secretly be conflicting with ae ) try uninstalling it

goood luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 18, 2010 Jun 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have a wacom. but uninstalling it didnt help. Adobe hasnt gotten back to me yet, it looks like I'll have to reformat, but can't yet since my windows cd is elsewhere. .. I guess I'll try uninstalling other random hardwares till something works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2010 Jun 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you run the adobe cleaner?   Try that before uninstalling anything.  Just google "adobe cleaner" and

the different versions should pop up,  cs3, cs4, cs5,   and then run whichever applies to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 19, 2010 Jun 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I ran the cleaner... again. didnt help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2010 Nov 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trashing the Adobe Pref file worked for me. Thank Jebus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2014 Aug 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you found problem  after delete the folder its not about adobe its actually about antivirus many antivirus like avira  block program link server firewall.for eg After installing after effects your antivirus will ask for whether to provide access for if you select deny you get in trouble in case for after effects.Mainly dont deny access of "dynamiclink manager" which result in those errors you have mentioned.if you already denied it just goto antivius setting-->firewall--->application rule and find "dynamiclink manger" allow access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2015 Nov 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has anyone found a solution? I have the same problem. The fixes mentioned in this thread didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines