• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH11: Content Build Tag Not Listed in Conditional Build Tags Pod

Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a legacy project, I have a few topics that have content conditional tags. The problem is that these tags are not listed in the Conditional Build Tags pod or in the Apply Conditional Build Tags menu. How is this possible?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try removing the CPD file to see if that helps. Otherwise, simply add the CBT's to the pod and RoboHelp should pick up the CBT's in the topics as well. I'm not sure why it happens, but perhaps an update went wrong somewhere in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Are you saying to delete the CPD file and then restart RH? Will RH automatically generate a new file? (Of course, I will create a backup file before deleting.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Close RH, remove the CPD and open the project. The CPD is a temporary database for RoboHelp and when it doesn't exist, RoboHelp will create it when you open the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done -  but there was no change. The CBT in question still does not appear in the CBT pod. Also strange that the old CPD file is 11k while the new one is only 1k.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2015 Dec 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are the conditional Tags applied somewhere in topics?

Are you able to create build tag expressions?

Also, what happens if you create a new build tag with same name?

New cpd file is of smaller size. RoboHelp keeps adding data to this database file and that's how with time it's size increases.

Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the conditional Tags applied somewhere in topics?

--Yes.

Are you able to create build tag expressions?

--Yes.

Also, what happens if you create a new build tag with same name?

--I don't want to try as it might create another tag that I cannot delete.

New cpd file is of smaller size. RoboHelp keeps adding data to this database file and that's how with time it's size increases.

--I can accept that, in a way. But, IMHO, if RH generates a new DB file using the same project, you would think that it would be at least the same size as the previous one because the project is the same size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am surprised that you are shown available tags in Conditional Build tag expression and not in CBT pod.

For more clarity I am inserting the image below of the CBT Expression dialog:

CBT.png

So, Am I getting you correct when I understand that the tags are shown here in available tags but not in pod?

Data in cpd file is appended and that's why it's size increases with usage.

Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp