• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Continued Support for Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder?

Participant ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've been using the Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder as the foundation of our live webcasts for the past few years, and it has served us well, providing multiple bandwidths and iOS compatibility.

We're currently in the process of updating our facility, and I need to know if we can continue counting on the Flash Media Live Encoder for our future webcasts, or if we'll be heading for trouble in the future if we continue down this road.

If my impressions are correct, it look like a new version has not been released since 2009.  Furthermore, Adobe's removal of the ability to export video in the .flv format from Adobe Media Encoder, (not to be confused with FMLE), has me very concerned that we're relying on an outdated technology that has no future.

Can anyone give me an indication as to whether we'd be better off abandoning our investments in the Adobe Media Servers and Flash Media Live Encoder?  And if so, what approach we should adopt instead?  (YouTube live streaming, for example?)

Thanks for any input on the matter.

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines