• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trial Version - Serial Number

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2008 Feb 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install the trial (evaluation) version of Robohelp v7. During the installation is it requesting a serial number. I can't find it. Can someone direct me to this serial number or tell me what I have to enter?

Thanks in Advance,

Rodman Veney

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi RodmanV

Normally the installation doesn't prompt for a serial. It isn't until you run it for the first time. Once you do that, you should see a screen providing two choices.

1. Enter a serial number
or
2. Continue in Trial mode

Sometimes we see folks report having tried the "trial mode" only to have the application return to the screen I mentioned and trial mode is no longer available. Is this possibly the case here?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I performed the following steps:

* I downloaded the "trial" version from the Adobe web site.

* It automatically started the install.

* After the license agreement screen the Customer Information screen was displayed showing the User Name (auto filled with the company name) and Orgnazition (auto filled with the company name).

* The serial number field is blank so I clicked "Next". A dialog box was then displayed requesting a serial number.

I cancelled the install and tried again with the same results.

Can you help?

Thanks In Advance,

Rodman Veney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2008 Mar 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: Captiv8r
hi RodmanV

Normally the installation doesn't prompt for a serial. It isn't until you run it for the first time. Once you do that, you should see a screen providing two choices.

1. Enter a serial number
or
2. Continue in Trial mode

Sometimes we see folks report having tried the "trial mode" only to have the application return to the screen I mentioned and trial mode is no longer available. Is this possibly the case here?

Cheers... Rick

This is actually what happened to me each time I tried to install RoboHelp. What's the solution to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was there not also an option to install the trial?

Are you installing on Windows 2000. If you are, the trial does not work on that.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. When I choose to install the trial version, an error message displays stating that the system has encountered an error. Then when I choose Continue, it asks for the serial number (the trial option does not appear anymore). Reinstalling the application did not help.

Any ideas, anyone? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: Peter Grainge
What operating system?

I'm using Windows Vista. Trying to install RoboHelp 7 with no success 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondered if you had missed the post about Windows 2000. Nobody has reported any problems with Vista. As Rick indicated, you should see two options and one is to continue in trial mode when no serial number is required.

You are seeing that option and clicking it but you then return to that screen. Could your firewall or AV program be blocking it?

Is it possible the trial version has been installed before?

You do have admin rights?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: Peter Grainge
Wondered if you had missed the post about Windows 2000. Nobody has reported any problems with Vista. As Rick indicated, you should see two options and one is to continue in trial mode when no serial number is required.

You are seeing that option and clicking it but you then return to that screen. Could your firewall or AV program be blocking it?

Is it possible the trial version has been installed before?

You do have admin rights?

I turned off both my firewall and AV program. I have admin rights (I've reformatted my laptop a couple of time). This is the first time that I'm installing RH on this laptop.

At the start, there are two options. But when I choose the Trial option, a new window appears saying something about a system error. Then when I click Continue, it goes to the page where there is no option to choose the trial version (just a serial number field).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to quote the message you are replying to.

Need to know more about that System error. Haven't seen anyone report that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2008 Mar 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Not sure if it's a system error. The message reads:

"A problem was encountered while loading the trial period for Adobe RoboHelp 7."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp