• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I install Adobe flash player 19 on Mac OS 10.11

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2015 Nov 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It freezes at 90% and I have followed all the troubleshooting instructions at Adobe.  I have uninstalled the previous version. 

HELP Please

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2015 Nov 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happens to me too, when the installer launches a second installer which freezes and must be force quit, after which the first installer reports it failed (duh). Clearly no testing was performed this time around.

Mid-2007 24" 2.8GHz iMac, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256MB VRAM, OS X 10.11.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We'll need to get some log files from both of you to investigate further.

Please review the Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh? FAQ and, using the online installer downloaded from get.adobe.com/flashplayer, provide all 4 log files mentioned (install.log, FlashPlayerInstallManager.log, Adobe_ADM.log, and Adobe_GDE.log).  Please read through the FAQ before doing anything.  For the Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log file, please follow the instructions to enable verbose logging before launching the installer.

Once all files have been gathered, upload them to cloud.acrobat.com using the instructions at How to share a document, or some other file sharing site of your choice.  Post the URL to the uploaded files in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot install Flash Player 19 on OS X 10.11.1 either. My installation doesn't freeze, but it does error out.

A few notes:

The log file does not give many clues as to what's going on. I have posted it here:

Dropbox - Adobe Flash Install Error Log Files.zip

Also, on OS X 10.11, there is no permission repair utility. Please see the Apple support document here:

Repair disk permissions with Disk Utility - Apple Support

I suspect that Flash player is trying to change permissions and OS X 10.11 is not allowing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JMiller37,

Can you please provide the FlashInstallManager.log file saved at ~/Library/Logs/?

The FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh? has information on how to obtain this file (scroll down to File #2)

The file will be fairly large.  You can share it using the same method you used to share the previous files, or upload it to cloud.acrobat.com (see How to share a document).

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your response. Here's the file. It's not that large...

Dropbox - FlashPlayerInstallManager.log.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines