• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Executable

Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2008 Mar 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now completed a project, and I want to upload an executable to a web site. Which files do I need?

I am using WebHelp for RH7.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope you don't really want to run an exe from a website! I think what you mean is you want to run your webhelp.

When you say you have completed your project, do you just mean you have prepared all the source files? If so you now need to generate the output so double click the WebHelp output in Single Source Layouts and in the first field you will see the default for where that will be located on your hard disk. You can amend that but keep it local.

To get the help to the server you can do that by one of the following methods:

1] Uploading the generated files using an FTP client.

2] Passing all the folders and files in the output to your developers.

3] Adding a server definition in the last page of the wizard.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do I link to, though? For example, is it MyHelp_csh, MyHelp_rhc, etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that first field, you not only specified the location of the start page, you also specified the name of the start page. By default it is your projectname.htm. That file opens the help. Avoid giving it the same name as your default topic as that confuses RH.

There is more about calling webhelp on my site.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, (if I understand what you're doing correctly) it would be MyHelp.chm. The .chm file is the generated HTML help file.

But in my experience .chm files can only be run on a local drive. They may not launch if linked to from a website...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
In your first post you indicated you were generating webhelp. A CHM is a compiled HTML file, not webhelp.

Correct, CHM files cannot be launched from a website or anywhere other than a local drive. There's an article about that on my site.

So what are you going to generate? WebHelp or a CHM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp