• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I open a second instance of digital editions?

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I had backed up my book files from my old computer, but what I backed  up wasn't.   I copied the book files from my Kobo ereader to the new computer, but some very fast passing messages seemed to indicate that some books were not copied.   I thought to open a second instance of ADE, so that I could compare the files on the Kobo to the files that got copied to the computer, but cannot figure out how to open a second instance of ADE.    The Kobo ereader is updated to current.   The PC is using Win7 updated to current.  ADE is current.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The second instance what not help you problem. Have you no possibility to download the eBooks again on the website of your seller?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding, Nanaky.    I wish to compare what is on the Kobo ereader to what is now on the PC in ADE, to determine what is missing in ADE.   Once I know what is missing, I will be able to determine if it can be downloaded again from the vendor site (one vendor is out of business).   (I have almost 400 books through ADE)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you not to let an opportunity to view a list in the Reader itself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see either a list of what is on the Kobo, or a list of what is on the computer - I would like to be able to compare the two lists side by side, which is why I would like to be able to open a second instance of ADE.    I could access a list of file numbers for both by opening 2 instances of File Explorer, but the "random" alpha-numeric file names are much harder for a human to read and compare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can not open 2. Digital Edition on the same device. This would not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On the PC you can check the Documents> My Digital Editions folder.  This is the default location for ADE to store files you can check this location to see if you files were copied there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines