• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto-generating map ids for context-sensitive help

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2008 Mar 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working in a project in RoboHelp HTML version 5 and am using the "What's This? Help Files" composer to create new text files. The problem I'm encountering is that when RoboHelp auto-generates map IDs, it always starts with the number 1. I am wanting to start my range of map-ids with a different value.

I've tried going to Context-Sensitive Help > Map files > All Map IDs to open the Edit Map IDs dialog box. From there, I clicked the Options button and changed my "Start numbering with" setting. This setting, however, seems to only control the starting number for HTML file map-ids.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 24, 2008 Mar 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi incode_erin and welcome to the RH community.
I have to admit to being a little confused by what you type. Are you producing HTML Help as "What's This" help can only work with this output type. You seem to have tried setting the mapid options but what is confusing is your phrase that these "only control the starting number for HTML file map-ids." What do you mean by this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2008 Mar 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The project that I have is set up for both text only (context-sensitive) help and HTML help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2008 Mar 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
....but you are producing a CHM file (using the Microsoft HTML Help single source layout) right? Also your CSH is provided by a "?" in your application dialog that you can use to drag over a field to display the help topic. You are not using the F1 key from the application.

If so, your options can be setup to start from a specified number and should work - it certainly does with me and a simple What's This Help test project. Try creating a new project, set the CSH options to start from (say) 100, adding a single topic and then add the What's This help. See if the mapids start from 100 and report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp