• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF file upload problems

Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2008 Mar 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, hopefully someone out here will have an answer to this. I am having a problem getting two images to upload to the server. The first image always uploads, but the second one does not. The entry gets put in the database for both image paths, but I can not figure out why the second will not upload. I have attached the code.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Weston
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 24, 2008 Mar 24, 2008
For some reason I never thought to check folder permissions. For anyone having this issue later on, double check your folder permissions on the server. I had no write permissions set so once I changed those it uploaded the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any error msg?

Are you sure that you have the destination directories on your disk?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am positive. The first file uploads fine, it shows up in the directory as it always has. I just added a thumbnail upload slot and that is the part that does not upload. The correct would be file paths go into the database correctly for both with the proper file names, for some reason the second file just does not upload to the specified folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, no error message at all. Forgot to mention that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason I never thought to check folder permissions. For anyone having this issue later on, double check your folder permissions on the server. I had no write permissions set so once I changed those it uploaded the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice to hear that you have figured out. :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 10, 2010 Aug 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my case, I was attempting to use a different Username than the owner of the files.  Once changed to the true owner in the site definitions, it all worked.  It had nothing to do with permissions on the specific folders or files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation