• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

would not authorize me to download a book to my KOBO from the public library?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I tried to download the book to my KOBO it asked for an authorization ID and I did not have one so chose to do it without authorizing.  that did not work.

uninstalled Adobe Digital Editions and reinstalled it after getting a password - still did not work

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is no help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Gracet28972081,

I'm moving your question to the Adobe Digital Editions forum where the experts are more likely to be able to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to work my way through it. I had to uninstall three times, delete the authorization and also delete the two books I tried to download and downloaded a different book once I finally got Adobe Digital Edition to authorize me – then it worked.

I did try the forum but that just went around in circles. The initial problem was that I tried to download without the authorization as I did not know what to use as a ID and did not know my password. Now I know to use my e-mail address as ID and when I forget my password to try to follow the instructions for a new password. The help support just referred to the forum which was no help at all. I have written this all down so the next time and hopefully there will never be a next time that I have to restart my computer from the recovery disks to get rid of Windows 10 and return back to Windows 8.1.

– I will know what to do and have recorded my password.

Grace Thomson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Grace,

I'm sorry you had such a frustrating experience! Thank you for letting us know your solution. Hopefully it will help others avoid the issue in the future.

Regards,

Del

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines