Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Broken Links - Bookmarks

Mar 24, 2008 Mar 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had a lot of broken links in my project - many of which I was able to fix. The broken links I was unable to fix, or remove from the list, are bookmarks in the project (95 of them to be exact.) I test the link, and it is fine - it's not broken. Why is it showing up in the broken link list? If I try to restore the link, I'll get an error stating that the "#" character cannot be used in the path. The "#" character signifies that it's a bookmark, created by RoboHelp, so I don't know why this is happening. Can anyone assist?

Thank you,
Danni

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also wanted to mention that I recently started recieving the Parameter is Incorrect error message. I have admin rights, so I don't know why I am receiving the message. When I try to open the topic properties, I get the message and can still view the properties, but I cannot delete topics. Would re-installing RoboHelp help? Any other things I can do besides this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Danni

Hop over to fellow Adobe Community Expert Peter Grainge's site at this link and scroll down to Snippet 73.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked! I'm no longer receiving that dialog box. Any idea about the broken links issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they popup links? If so, RH erroneously adds them to the Broken Links section (just as it adds topics and images to the Unused Files report if they are not linked with a plain-vanilla A tag).

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the links are linked to bookmark links (a TOC is at the top of these pages, and when the appropriate link is clicked, it takes the user to the specified section in the topic.) A new window or pop up doesn't open; the user stays on the same page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 25, 2008 Mar 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
If you are linking from the top of the topic to a bookmark in the same topic, you don't need the filename in the link, but correct form is with quote marks..

If the bookmark is called bookmark, the link would be

< a href="#bookmark" >Go to the bookmark</a>
(spaces inserted only for display here)

The bookmark itself would be

< a name=bookmark></a>

I hope this is relevant to your problem.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp