• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deploy Shockwave Flash Player

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made a simple YouTube player in C# that uses Shockwave Flash. Now, when i am inside visual studio it works (the videos can be played) but when i deploy my application the flash player turns just white(i only see the flash player control, no videos playing). It doesn't play any videos. Now, i installed the active X plugin for IE but still doesn't work. Even on my development machine the player doesn't play video when i open it directly using the executable. It only works when i am inside visual studio. So i am asking for a help. I know that my applications needs a active X but i don't know the right version to download or do i miss something here.

This problem only shows on any windows 7 machine even if flash player is installed while on windows 8 it runs fine since it has embedded flash player.

By the way here is my code to play the video.

axShockwaveFlash1.Movie = "https://www.youtube.com/v/TBGkbDhE8wM";
axShockwaveFlash1
.Play();

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) This might be outside the scope of this fourm, as a dev myself, not with C#. I often face challenges withing the code I have to resolve myself, as it could be many things.

2) Make sure the activeX version of flash is installed on your machine. Here is the direct DL link: http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/help/install_flash_player_ax.exe

You also might want to make sure the NPAPI version is installed just in case: http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/help/install_flash_player.exe

3) There is obviously something with in VS that has the necessary support files to make it work. Try compiling the code to a standalone exe and see what the results are.

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's probably worth pointing out that if you're working on a commercial project, we don't support embedding ActiveX controls in executables, and we do break functionality from time to time.  We'd highly recommend that you take a good look at Adobe AIR if you're building Flash-based desktop products.  That said, we know that there's a body of legacy applications that still embeds the ActiveX control, and we try to fix bugs when they arise.  If you have a choice; however, I'd discourage you from taking this approach in general.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines