Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 7 Getting Started Guide

Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2008 Mar 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

Has anyone seen this PDF file or been able to download it from Adobe?

I just went to the RoboHelp Support Center - Documentation page http://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/documentation.html), tried to click on the link to this PDF in the right hand column under "Top Support Topics", but then I got an "access denied" message.

Thanks,
Jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim.
Have you tried this link. I think it has pretty much the same info you are after.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Getting Started guide is different and I have reported the Access Denied problem.

You might like to visit this page where there is a Before You Install article. Again, it is not the same thing but it might help.

I'll see if I can track down the Getting Started article.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Thanks, I checked out your "Before you Install" article, read it, and bookmarked it, since I'm sure it'll come in handy when I work with my support resource to install RH 7. I also found a bunch of RH 7 troubleshooting pages from Adobe. I was hoping to review the RH 7 Getting Started Guide before and during my evaluation of RH 7 on a non-production machine over here, so I can determine what we're in for. The "Getting Started" guide for RH X5 was pretty helpful when we first purchased the tool.

Help authoring used to be done by just a few of us here (about 4) up until recently, even though we had 12 (mostly unused) licenses. Soon, we're going to at least double the number of active users and maybe even buy a few more licenses.

Please let me know if and when you find out anything about that PDF file.

Jim
jreinhard@paychex.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might also want to look at What's In RH7 on my site. At the end is a link to John Daigle's excellent Reviewers Guide.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2008 Mar 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again Peter. I've read your piece about RH 7 on your site (went there first several weeks ago) and also read John's article.

By the way, I checked the link to the RH 7 Getting Started this morning on the support center. At first, it appeared to work, and prompted me to open the PDF, but then I got this message:

"Adobe Reader could not open 'RoboHelp_GTS_POD.pdf' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and not properly decoded)."

I don't know if it makes any difference, but I'm using Acrobat Reader 8.1.2. I've asked someone in another department to see if they can view it.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2008 Aug 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The RH7 Quick Start Guide at http://www.adobe.com/support/documentation/en/robohelp/ still generates an Access Denied message. I, too, reported this to Adobe but nothing changed. While there are many excellent resources about RH7, I still want this one. Does anybody have a copy? Does anybody have enough influence to persuade Adobe to publish this document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try googling "robohelp 7 getting started guide" and it is the first link. Not much in it though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Maybe this will help as well.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/robohelp/articles/before_install.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp