• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shockwave Flash Crash - Please HELP!

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tired of getting "Shockwave Flash has crashed" messages.  Please advise jeromiec83223024

https://forums.adobe.com/people/jeromiec83223024

Thanks!

Robin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To give you any useful advice, I'm going to need to know more about your computer and browser:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2015 Dec 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2015-12-04 Windows 8 Information.JPG

• 2015-12-04 Chrome Version.JPG
  • 2015-12-04 Chrome Adobe Flash Plugin2.JPG2015-12-04 Chrome Adobe Flash Plugin.JPG
  • When I open a page that uses Flash, I get a message that

• Explain your problem in step-by-step detail if possible
  • A direct link to a page that demonstrates the problem
  • If you get error messages, please quote them exactly, or provide a screenshot: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1070933

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I don't have a screenshot of the error.  When I try to open a video or website that seems to require Shockwave Flash, I get the message that looks like this I found on Google:

2015-12-04 Shockwave Flash Error Message.JPG

I googled a fix that indicated that it could be two competing flash programs, but it doesn't look like that to me as shown in the screenshots of my Chrome plugins above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, there's a lot of old information out there that doesn't apply.  When I go to Google Reader, I just get the message that it's been discontinued.

The screenshot tells me that it's crashing, but I already believed you.  I need to understand *why* it's crashing.  The best way to do that is to reproduce it on my machine, which is why I'm looking for step-by-step instructions.

If it's just happening randomly all over the place, it's probably related to drivers and hardware acceleration.  It's really easy to test that, and it's useful to rule it out.  So, that's probably the best place to start given what I know about the issue so far.

Please work through the video troubleshooting guide.  In particular, check out the part about disabling hardware acceleration.  If it's still crashing afterwards, then it's something else, and we can go from there.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I moved the question from Shockwave forum to Flash Player.

Dean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines