Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Topics

Mar 25, 2008 Mar 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a new RoboHelp Project and I have an old RoboHelp project. I need to export topics from my old RoboHelp project into my new RoboHelp Project. The old project contains MANY topics that I do not need in my old project. The topics that I do need are contained in several books.

Is there a simpler way to export the topics that I need other than conditionally-tagging the topics I don't need and then creating a .chm file to import into my new project?

Amanda

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
How many files do you need to import into the new project? You can import each HTML topic source file directly into the new project. Go to File > Import > HTML file, and choose a topic from the old project. If you have a lot of topics to import, this may not be the fastest way, but it doesn't involve "exporting" topics.

--Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many files do you need to import into the new project? You can import each HTML topic source file directly into the new project. Go to File > Import > HTML file, and choose a topic from the old project. If you have a lot of topics to import, this may not be the fastest way, but it doesn't involve "exporting" topics.

--Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could copy the project to another location, rename it inside RH (if necessary), and delete the multiple topics that must go. Then adjust your TOC accordingly.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2008 Mar 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can in fact use Ben's method and select multiple files at the same time. Depending on whether the unwanted topics are in the majority, this may not be the quickest method and you don't retain your TOC as with Leon's method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben's answer worked using selecting multiple files like Colum suggested! Thanks for the help!

Amanda 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ben's answer worked using selecting multiple files like Colum suggested! Thanks for the help!

Amanda 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp