• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Can I Reactivate My License for Previously Purchased eBooks on Adobe Reader

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2015 Nov 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help.  A year ago I purchased several eBooks using Adobe Reader onto my laptop, and they uploaded perfectly.  I had since upgrade the Windows version (to Windows 8.1) and when I try to open any of these titles in my Adobe Reader library, I get and error message that my computer is not licensed for the eBook.  If I go back to the original email receipt to redownload the eBook, I get a similar message.  I only downloaded these titles once, so how can I access them again.  I have paid over $100 for these titles, and I don't want to repurchase them.  I would appreciate some guidance.

Thank you.

-John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi johnd55348841,

Were you using Adobe Digital Edition Download eBooks | Adobe Digital Editions?

Regards,
Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aadesh, that is what I used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this thread to Adobe Digital Editions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What error message you get when you try to authorize digital Edition?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message I get is as follows:

"Unable to download

Error getting License.  License Server Communication Problem:

W_ADEPT_CORE_WRONG_DEVICE"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start digital edition.

press ctrl + shift +d (win) or cmd + shift + d (mac)

accept that remove the authorize.

then authoirze over help again > computer authorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that doesn't work.  I have removed authorization and re-authorized the computer several times, and that doesn't work.  As I said in my original post, the issue seems to be caused by the upgrade of my MS operating system to 8.1.  EBook titles I have purchased since the upgrade work fine, the ones before it do not.  I would think I would be able to reload the titles from my purchase receipt, but that what triggers the error message noted above.  The publisher tells me it is an Adobe Reader issue as the software accounts for the license and the number of times the title has been downloaded.  Please let me know if that is wrong.  My greater frustration is how difficult it has been to solve this issue.  I am questioning buying any further titles given how hard it is to resolve technical issues quickly and easily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its the problem with the authorize you was get the error that to many activation. In you case its not the this. Which version of Digital Edition do you used exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Digital Editions v.4.5.  Again, I downloaded the eBooks perfectly at first. I didn't have problems opening them until I upgraded my MS operating system to version 8.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Close all applications.
  2. Choose Start > Run.
  3. In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
  4. In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
  5. Select the Adept key.
  6. Choose File > Export.
  7. In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.
  8. Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.
  9. In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
  10. Close the Registry Editor.
  11. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2015 Dec 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the detailed walk through instructions.  I appreciate you taking  the time.  Unfortunately, it didn't work.  I continue to get the error message that the title is not licensed.

Interestingly, all of the ebooks I downloaded prior to installing Windows 8.1 are showing as EPUB files, compared to the ebooks I downloaded following the installation (which open fine) which file types are shown as Adobe Acrobat Documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you authorize Digital Edition Successfully now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue was never authorizing Digital Editions.  I have been trying to say that.  It is the fact that 7 eBook titles' licenses "disappeared" when I downloaded prior to upgrading my operating system to Windows 8.1.  These titles worked fine before the upgrade, but now I get an error message my computer is not LICENSED to open them (not "not authorized").  Titles that I have purchased since the upgrade open fine and I can read them with no problem. I have been trying to find out how I can restore the LICENSE to these titles.  As I said in my earlier post from this morning, the older titles show as EPUB files rather that Adobe Acrobat Documents.

How can I fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you download the eBooks again for the Website of the Seller?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am pleading them to do so. Initially, they told me to go through Adobe

help.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, were you ever able to resolve this? Having the same issue. I've searched and searched and cannot find a response on how to address the licensing issue after updating a device

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines