• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Kicked out of recording mode prematurely

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2008 Mar 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing a problem with Captivate 3 where clicking certain UI controls in the app I'm recording kicks me out of recording mode. The curious thing is it only happens on one machine. Doing the same thing while recording on another machine works correctly.
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2008 Mar 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it looks like it has to do with differences in the Recording....Settings preferences between the two machines.

On the machine that kicked me out, the following settings were checked ON.
Hide Recording Window
Hide Adobe Captivate task icon
Hide Adobe Captivate System Tray icon

On the machine that worked they were all checked OFF.

Switching these settings to OFF made the problem go away. Not sure why. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2008 Mar 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem with Captivate 3, specifically when I am using Office 2007 on Vista. When I click on the Office menu to open a document, Captivate just stops recording. I don't have the option of not hiding the Captivate icons since I am recording a full screen demonstration, though unchecking them does seem to stop the problem. Any suggestions? Has anyone found a workaround for this other than allowing the Captivate icons to appear on screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sixred and welcome to our community

Perhaps simply use a screen capture utility to grab the screens Captivate seems to stall on? Then paste the result into blank slides in your Captivate presentation?

Just a thought... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick -
Thanks for the suggestion. This seems to work for me, but the resolution is not the same quality as the rest of the video. I need to record at a screen resolution of 1024x768, do you have any suggestions as to how to make the screen grab display at the same quality as the rest of my Captivate recording?
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2008 Mar 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I was able to figure out a workaround. In Captivate, under Recording>Settings, uncheck the option “Hide Adobe Captivate system tray icon”. Then on your desktop, right click on the system tray (the bottom right hand corner). Click on Properties. Click on the notification area tab. Click customize. Then find Captivate on the list. It most likely says “Hide when inactive” next to it. Click on that phrase and it should turn into a drop down menu. Choose “Hide”. I believe you would only have to make these settings once and they will stick until you go back and change them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources