• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

“the PDF document contained image masks that were not downsampled."

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2015 Dec 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to save an InDesign document as a small PDF. The indd document is 21.5MB, and when saving the document as a PDF using the "Smallest File Size" setting, the PDF comes out to be 20.3MB. I would like to get the PDF closer to the range of 10MB-15MB.

The document in InDesign CC2015. It is 20 pages, has vector ai files, and all photos that were originally .psds have been downsampled to 72 ppi and saved as jpegs. I subsequently tried to downsize it by saving it in Adobe Acrobate Reader DC as an Optimized PDF and a Reduced Size PDF. When I do that, I always receive the following error: "the PDF document contained image masks that were not downsampled."

Can someone explain to me how I can remove the image masks, and what else I can do to reduce the file size of the PDF?

Thanks!

Mariel

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Dec 05, 2015 Dec 05, 2015

Hi mariela46825776,

Note : Masked images and images with a size less than 16-by-16 pixels are not downsampled

Please refer to this KB doc. carefully Acrobat Help | Optimizing PDFs.

Also try the method mentioned in this thread “the PDF document contained image masks that were not downsampled.".

Regards,
Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Dec 05, 2015 Dec 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mariela46825776,

Note : Masked images and images with a size less than 16-by-16 pixels are not downsampled

Please refer to this KB doc. carefully Acrobat Help | Optimizing PDFs.

Also try the method mentioned in this thread “the PDF document contained image masks that were not downsampled.".

Regards,
Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines