• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Irritating Errors on help site

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2008 Mar 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the following error EVERY time I click on anything within the support/forum.

"An Error has occured in the script on this page"

Line: 318
Char: 23
Error: Permission denied
Code: 0
Url: (Varies depending on where I am and what I am doing)

This is getting very annoying. Is this my laptop or the site? What can be done to resolve it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to continue browsing after you dismiss the error dialog? If so, it's a "harmless" error.

You could turn off the browser's reporting of JavaScript errors. (Internet Options > Advanced, browsing, "Display a notification about every script error" in IE 6.)

If it's a "harmless" error, you won't even know it's there.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running IE7. I have turned off the notifications yet it still comes up. It does appear to be harmless. It asks if I want to continue the script and it really doesn't matter if I say yes or no. The next click it pops up again. Is there some why to get into contact with site admin so they can look at line 318 in the script and see what it is requesting?

Also, I have NO SCROLL bars so the only way to scroll up and down the page is to highlight and drag. I'm not sure but I think this may be a related issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you behind a work firewall? I had huge problems accessing the forums when we moved to a new firewall system. I finally asked the techs to specifically allow all adobe sites, which seems to have fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2008 Mar 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Amebr and Harvey for the help.

I am behind a firewall, but I was able to access it without issues earlier. Also, today the problem does not exist. Maybe the powers that be saw this and fixed the script error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 27, 2008 Mar 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Whatever they did to fix it, something similar is happening to RoboHelp online help on the Web. Last I heard, somebody recommended checking "Use Offline Help" in the RH Tools > Options > General dialog. I'll take this to a new thread.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp