Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re-Importing a Word File Into RoboHTML

Mar 26, 2008 Mar 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a RoboHTML project where I imported a Word file with H1s and H2s that automatically became topics and keywords that automatically became Index entries. In addition, after the import, I created a Browse Sequence and TOC entries for the imported topics.

Question: what's the best way to update these imported topics after my SME comes to me and says that they've updated the Word file (as they have)? My gut instinct is to delete the new folder that contains the imported topics and re-import the entire document, especially since I don't know what's changed. However, if I do that, what happens to the existing Index entries, Browse Sequence, and TOC entries?

Further, I can't seem to delete the folder containing the new topics from the Project tab. If deleting the imported topics is the way to go, how do I delete the folder so I can start over by re-importing the Word file?

Is there a better way to do this than by deleting the topic folder?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd compare the old Word file with the new Word file, and then manually make the required edits to the appropriate topics.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there J. J. Haas and welcome to our community

In addition to what Leon offered, another approach might be to create a fresh RoboHelp HTML project with the same basic folder structure and import the Document there. Then simply copy the HTM files to the existing project and overwrite the existing topics. That shouldn't mess with any existing links and whatnot.

Just a thought... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 27, 2008 Mar 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, MergeThis and Captiv8r. I'm kind of going with the second option. However, I don't need to create a new project because I'm moving the imported topics to another folder once they're in the RH project. So I can just re-import the Word file, move the files to the correct folder (overwriting the existing files), then delete the imported folder.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 27, 2008 Mar 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks, MergeThis and Captiv8r. I'm kind of going with the second option. However, I don't need to create a new project because I'm moving the imported topics to another folder once they're in the RH project. So I can just re-import the Word file, move the files to the correct folder (overwriting the existing files), then delete the imported folder.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp