Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp Folder Deletion Paradox

Mar 27, 2008 Mar 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to delete a folder from my RoboHelp project, but RoboHelp won’t let me do that as long as an .FPJ file resides in that folder. However, when I delete the .FPJ file in Windows Explorer, RoboHelp recreates that file on startup, therefore not allowing me to delete the folder.

So…I can’t delete the folder in Windows Explorer because RoboHelp recreates it, and I can’t delete it in RoboHelp because the .FPJ file is recreated on startup.

How the hell do I delete the folder?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fpj file is a folder file that contains a record of all the files that are located in it. Each time you add, delete or rename files the fpj file is updated. It sounds like this file has got out of sync with what is actually in the folder. Assuming that you have no files in the folder, open up the fpj file in notepad and see what is inside it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what's in the .FPJ file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
<rhpml majorversion="1" minorversion="0">
<folders/>
<topics/>
</rhpml>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you saved your project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've saved the project repeatedy. I should say that I imported a Word file to get this folder, then in RH copied the files from the imported folder to another folder, and now I'm trying to delete the imported empty folder. I think I just need the right combination of steps to do it. Worst case scenario is that I keep the empty folder in my project, but that's a hassle for version control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

RoboHelp is re-creating the folder because it believes it is needed. This could be an arduous process figuring out why. Often, as you have noted, it is a result of bringing content in from Word. Scrutinize the documents you brought in that may be related. Specifically, look at the HTML code. There has to be some reference somewhere (whether it is valid or not) that is causing RoboHelp to consider the folder should be there. Once you ferret out where the reference is and squash it, RoboHelp should allow you to delete the folder. But as I said earlier, it will probably be a fairly long process.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks, all.

First, a cup of coffee!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp