Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Break points for high-resolution devices

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2015 Dec 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am creating a responsive project using Captivate 9, and would like to base the break point for mobile on the resolution of the iPhone 6s. I understand this resolution to be 750x1334px. However, I have been able to set the height to 1334, but can't seem to adjust the width of the breakpoint.

So I have two questions:

1. Does the above approach make sense, or am I missing something basic about the way resolution and breakpoints is intended to operate?

2. Assuming the above does make sense, how do i adjust the width of the mobile breakpoint to 750px?

Thanks

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 07, 2015 Dec 07, 2015

There is a significant difference between the screen resolution and the browser resolution. You have to take into account the last one, which is much lower. For iPhone 4 it is 320x480. My HTC One has a high screen resolution, but the browser resolution is 360x640. Be aware as well of the fact that you don't want to deploy very big files to smartphones!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a significant difference between the screen resolution and the browser resolution. You have to take into account the last one, which is much lower. For iPhone 4 it is 320x480. My HTC One has a high screen resolution, but the browser resolution is 360x640. Be aware as well of the fact that you don't want to deploy very big files to smartphones!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer, Lilybiri. That makes sense to me. So most of the time you would just use the default breakpoints that the Adobe team have chosen, is that right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can change them for specific devices, but use browser resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources