• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Offline intstallers being removed from web = I'm screwed

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rely on the offline installers for Flash and Shockwave.

I am self employed. I don't work for an Enterprise.

You're taking them away, and already took the FTP away.

I'm completely screwed.

Thanks, Adobe.

REAL user friendly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked with below link ?

Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Have you?

Adobe_Offline.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Neil Bauer,

Thank you for submitting a request to distribute Adobe® Software. At this time, Adobe is unable to grant you permission to distribute the following:

Adobe® Flash® Player

Adobe® Shockwave® Player

Your Request has been rejected for the following reasons:

We do not accept applications from public or personal email accounts.

Will be calling my attorney this afternoon, but I'm pretty sure there's nothing I can do.

I'm screwed.

Thanks Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have, I thought you were saying like they are removing right now.

I was surprised, but I can understand you concern. I am pretty sure by that time you can find alternative method to download offline installers.

All the best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi N.Bauer,

I am moving this discussion to the Installing Flash Player forum. Because that community is focused on Flash Player and Shockwave, perhaps they can offer some feedback to help you maintain your workflow.

Best,

Del

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download Flash Player for free at any time, from http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer.

If that is not palatable for whatever reason, you can use a browser that includes Flash Player as a built-in component, like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer on Windows 8 and higher, or Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 and higher.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already know that, thanks. That is not a download. That is an in-browser install. If that would be a solution for me, I wouldn't have made the thread.

There are multiple situations were that does not work for me; and for which I need the offline .exe installer.

I am not an organization or enterprise, and I'm not distributing. I just need the offline .exe installer, which Adobe has deemed me (and others) unworthy of accessing as of January 22, 2016, under the guise of "helping to stop the spread of malware," which I don't believe to be entirely true, and which I also find adds insult to injury.

The situations for which I need the offline .exe installer do not involve using Chrome, IE, or Edge as web browsers. To tell me to use a different browser is not a solution and is also quite frankly insulting, even though I am sure you didn't intend it to be.

These offline installers have been available for nearly 20 years; to take them away is anti-user and not helpful in any way to anyone.

Thanks anyway for at least trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I figured.  I was hoping that you would explain the use case in more detail.

We're ultimately talking about business decisions that happen way above my pay grade.  It helps to have concrete examples when I go back to complain. 

It's hacky, but you *could* pull the appropriate files off an updated browser-based installation and just overwrite it.  For the most part, that will get it done, as long as you keep the same names.  I don't have my windows machine in front of me, but I'll post the specific paths later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I maintain a number of older machines (both for myself and some of my clients) that run PIII's. Flash still runs on those machines. However, the web based installer requires SSE2, so trying to use it on those older machines simply causes a crash. The .exe installers work great, however. So for as long as Flash continues to run on these older machines, I can continue to install it... until Adobe says I'm no longer allowed to, for... what reason? Protecting me from malware? Really?

I can accept older machines not being able to run the next version of Flash anymore at some point, it's bound to happen, but when they can still run Flash but Adobe blocks me "to protect me from malware," frankly that is beyond insulting.

The .exe installers are much faster, since I provide technical support (among other things) for myself and various clients, this will now interrupt my workflow when I need to update Flash. Here it's more of an annoyance than anything else... but again, this is happening... to protect me from malware?

There are all other kinds of subtly complex reasons the .exe installers are preferred in all kinds of circumstances that would take too long to elaborate on here. (If you've ever worked tech support you know what I'm talking about.)

Because I'm self employed and not part of an org, I am cursed with providers such as Adobe who refuse me service and support, because I don't have a big company name to put up. Especially when they take away a resource that existed for 20 years for no reasons other than to support their own ends without any regard whatsoever to end users who are not part of big corporations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same no SSE2 installation I need Fash and reader that will work. Does anybody know where i can get them from as Adobe are no help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines