• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

book will not download error says it is already on device....

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...but when I try to open it, there is an error that the book has been returned, although it shows up in my library on the Nook. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fox,

It sounds like the book was purchased originally as a loan and then it expired or it was manually returned? If you delete the existing book in your library and then restart the process it should download normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was a book downloaded from the library using Overlook.   I tried deleting the book from my Nook, shutting down and restarting the Nook, requesting again from the library, and it still says that the book is already on my Nook.  It will not let me overlay it either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try this:  On windows open windows explorer and navigate to the folder My Digital Editions and if the book is there delete it then try to download from the library again.  Note my library does not use overdrive so if the book is not there  try to search for it in an overdrive folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines