• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How get around invalid password error trying to erase authorization?

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2015 Dec 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Digital Editions 4.5 gets an error! activation on .acsm files downloaded from my public library.  Saw a fix that said erase authorization, but when I try to do that using my library ID and password, it says password is invalid.  What am I doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Your authorization file will need to be manually deleted.

You need to delete out a few registry keys to clear the activation for ADE. You must have administration authority.

On Windows it can be found here:
Open Windows Registry by using the command prompt and typing 'regedit' or by opening the start menu and searching for 'regedit'.

Search for the following folder:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept\Activation

The 'Activation' folder can be entirely deleted.

On Mac it can be found here:
In Finder,

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2015 Dec 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the Passwort and used only Letters and Numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, that didn’t work.

After choosing Erase Authorization in the ADE Help pulldown, I get a screen with 3 lines:

Authorized Users: showing my library card number and “ | 3M”

Vendor Login ID: -- here I don’t know what it’s asking for, but i’ve tried my library card or “adobe.com” or my library user id.

Password: the library password (all numbers) or my Adobe.com password (now all letters and numbers)

The next screen asks to confirm. When I press “Erase authorization” there, the Erase Authorization screen returns, with the error message “Your password is incorrect. Type the correct password and try again.”

The library tech support person was puzzled by the 3-line screen – had not seen it before.

Regards, Will

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vendor ID: Adobe ID

Username: Mail of your Account.
Password: Passpord of your account

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did not work.

There are three fields on the ADE Erase Computer Authorization window: Authorized Users, Adobe Login ID and Password.

I have no choice in Authorized Users. It is fixed at my library card “| 3M”

Vendor Login ID: I tried my Adobe login ID, the Library login ID, my email address, “Adobe ID”, “Adobe.com”

Password: I tried the Adobe password and my library password in combination with the others. The Adobe password and my library password have only letters and numbers.

None of these has worked.

The same error message shows up each time: “Your password is incorrect. Type the correct password and try again.”

Is anyone with ADE 4.5 having a similar problem?

Regards, Will

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your authorization file will need to be manually deleted.

You need to delete out a few registry keys to clear the activation for ADE. You must have administration authority.

On Windows it can be found here:
Open Windows Registry by using the command prompt and typing 'regedit' or by opening the start menu and searching for 'regedit'.

Search for the following folder:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept\Activation

The 'Activation' folder can be entirely deleted.

On Mac it can be found here:
In Finder, find the 'Go' option on the menu bar and click 'Go to folder' and type the following in:

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions/

Delete the activation.dat file within the 'Digital Editions' folder.

Restart ADE and it should be deactivated at this point. You should be good to sign back in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines