• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I try downloading an ebook to Digital Editions I get an error box reading as follows Adobe Acrobat Reader DC could not open 'URLlink.acsm' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged ( For example, it was sent

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2015 Dec 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try downloading ebooks I get an error box stating: Adobe Acrobat Reader DC could not open 'URL link.acsm' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded'

What can I do about this ??

Ron

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2015 Dec 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ronald,

Can you provide more details about your issue?
Where from and what exactly are you trying to download?

Can you attach a screenshot of the error message?

Regards,
Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2015 Dec 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run Windows 7 on my PC

I have tried downloading books from Kobo, Ebooks.com and the Library. They seem to download but when I go to Digital Editions--select "add to library" --then select Ebooks I get the message:

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC could not open 'URL link.acsm' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged ( for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded.

I can't capture the screen message but it is as above.

Regards Ron S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same when start Digital Edition go to file > add to Library and choose the eBook file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When on Digital Editions I got file--add to library---the file is not there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't this a question for the Digital Editions forum, Adobe Digital Editions ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Digital Editions...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Digital Edition.

Go to File > Add to Library.

Choose the ACSM File and open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I do that the file is not there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under Add to Library you must choose the folder how has download the file. Have you make this? o.O

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds to me as if you need to "associate" .acsm files with ADE.  At the moment it appears that .acsm files are associated with Adobe Acrobat Reader.  Google how to "associate" files in windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2015 Dec 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue.  I'm wondering if its a problem with Adobe DC as I never had this issue on my old computer with the Digital Editions option....now I can't even use that.  I store all my books in the Calibre site and load them to my Ereader from there as I buy from multiple sources. Spent all this money on a new computer and books and now I can't even read them.  I'm very frustrated and disappointed in Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines