• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't open ACSM File because "E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER"..but suggestion doesn't work

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I couldn't seem to download ebooks from the library suddenly using ACSM files.  I kept getting the error "E Adapt too short"

I tried everything but nothing seemed to work.

So I attempted to uninstall and re-install ADE but all I get is "E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER" every time I try to download the ACSM file.

I followed every uninstall tip to a tee but nothing seems to work. In particular, I can't seem to find these:

"5. Remove only the structures that are under the "SOFTWARE"  extensions. This will remove the Adobe ID / License and Activation Key

6. Clear any outstanding tasks that may be associated to Adobe  Digital Editions downloads

• C:\data\my digital editions (don't exist in my c:\ drive)
    • C:\my documents\my digital editions (don't exist in my c:\ drive

7.  Delete any documents within these folders:

• Restore > Tasks
    • Restore > Failed"

That's my only guess as to why my reinstall attempts aren't working keep getting this error.

Can anyone help me?

I've tried restalling ADE it and then authorizing with Adobe ID but same error occurred.

I also tried to reinstall but  with no authorization and still the same error

None of this makes any sense. ADE has been working fine for months and all of the sudden it craps out on me?

Can someone PLEASE help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error message E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER" say that the eBook you try to open linked with a other Adobe ID or a empty authorization. Has you open the eBook without a authorization of digital Edition?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand what you mean.  "

Has you open the eBook without a authorization of digital Edition?" 

???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its meen if you has open the eBook before you authorize Digital Edition?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2015 Dec 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand.  Do you mean did I open the ebook before I authorized Abode Digital Edition?

Well, I can't open the ebook since it's an ACSM file.  I open the file to download and have access to the ebook.

Here's what I know: Adobe Digital Editions worked flawlessly for 6 months and then started giving me problems.  I  tried uninstalling (the above steps I noted I didn't do because they make no sense.  they don't exist on my computer)

I reinstalled ADE and tried opening an ACSM file, and I got this "Fullfilled By Another User" error.

I tried opening it with authorized (with Adobe ID) and unauthorized and nothing works.

How do I fix this?  This screws up EVERYTHING.  I can't read any ebooks from my library anymore because this software decided to just bug out... and this shouldn't happen.

This should be an easy fix.  A quick and simple re-install should work. .

Do I know if ADE was authorized before this all went down?  I have no clue.

I've had a  Abode ID for years but I might have installed it without an Adboe ID authorization and only authoriozed it to my computer.

I can't believe any software developer who can developed software that magically cancells itself out.

Can someone please help me fix this?

Again, the typical instructions for unsintalling ADE didn't work because several of the steps DON'T EXIST:

(see BOLDED, UNDERLINED And ITALISIZED STEPS) from this forum link:

Adobe Digital Edition Errors/Troubleshooting

1. Uninstall Adobe Digital Editions using one of these two  methods:
    • Start > Programs > Adobe > Adobe Digital Editions  > Uninstall
    • Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add Remove  Programs
  2. Initiate Uninstall
  3. In order to remove all remnants of Adobe Digital Editions /  Adobe Adept from the machine a "Registry Edit" will need to be  performed:
    • Start > Run > Regedit
  4. Search for HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Adobe >  Adept and Delete the full "Adept" folder
  5. Remove only the structures that are under the "SOFTWARE"  extensions. This will remove the Adobe ID / License and Activation Keys
  6. Clear any outstanding tasks that may be associated to Adobe  Digital Editions downloads
    • C:\data\my digital editions
    • C:\my documents\my digital editions
  7. Delete any documents within these folders:
    • Restore > Tasks
    • Restore > Failed
  8. Re-install Adobe Digital Editions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then I'll ask differently. Have you ever had eventually open without the error the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I started getting the error?  No.  Haven't been able to open any ACSM file and even after attempted all uninstall, re-installs AND trying to open several ACSM files and re-downloading them countless times. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could download a ACSM file from there.  So what's the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ACSM File (which are you download and get the issue) is linked with a other Adobe Id. In this case the only solved of the Problem ask for a new download by seller/Library of the eBook. Nobody has access to eBook to change it. (no you and no adobe) so you need a new download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do I do when the library doesn't know how to do this or can't/ won't? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

daniels10281860 schrieb:

What do I do when the library doesn't know how to do this or can't/ won't?

Its new problem with Library. The Borrow a book from the library will only be restarted at the point

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, .

I have the same problem with open my HP study eBook.

I just mail to HPE Press support and they reset the license for the eBook and sent me new download link.

Then I can re-download my eBook successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2015 Dec 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My library hasn't done that...and I don't think they know how to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2015 Dec 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its the Library you can return the eBook. After this you can start the borrow of the eBook new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines