Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embedded search facility

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2008 Mar 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I have a summary page containing about 400 definitions for codes within a financial system - the client has asked for an embedded search facility within the page at the top. Is this possible? What other quick and easy navigation functionality could I use? I had a look at creating forms but it looks like I need to know scripting to achieve what I want and I'm not that technical.

I'm using Robohelp v6 btw.

Any help appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tompsk and welcome to the RH community.

If you are not using the Glossary tab in the Nav Pane, could you put your definitions there? It would prevent having to code anything.

Just a thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response and welcome Colum,
The definition is in three columns, one of which is a user defined variable so the glossary doesnt really meet my needs in this instance. Sorry I should have explained that in my description.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Tompsk,

Here's a script that you may want to try:

http://www.irt.org/script/171.htm

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could they not use the search button in the skin. If not, I'm sure you may be able to add some javascript or such like to mimic the search button but it sounds like your knowledge of such things is as advanced as mine. Maybe someone else can chip in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks guys, I shall give Pete's javascript a go, looks like it might just do the job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp