• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

error check authorization

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2015 Dec 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I continually get the above message when trying to download books to ADE.  I've downloaded the latest version (4.5) and reactivated my reader.  Still getting the message.  Will I loose all my books on ADE if I de-authorize and authorize again?  I have quite a collection and would hate to lose them all.  Thanks for the help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Dec 09, 2015 Dec 09, 2015

Hi Kathy,

You need to rebuild the activation file but first you need to delete it manually first.

You need to delete out a few registry keys to clear the activation for ADE. You must have administration authority.

On Windows it can be found here:
Open Windows Registry by using the command prompt and typing 'regedit' or by opening the start menu and searching for 'regedit'.

Search for the following folder:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept\Activation

The 'Activation' folder can be entirely deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry - I just tried it again and it said "error - check activation"  Again, I'm guessing I'll need to de-authorize but am afraid of losing all books.  Appreciate the help from anyone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kathy,

You need to rebuild the activation file but first you need to delete it manually first.

You need to delete out a few registry keys to clear the activation for ADE. You must have administration authority.

On Windows it can be found here:
Open Windows Registry by using the command prompt and typing 'regedit' or by opening the start menu and searching for 'regedit'.

Search for the following folder:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept\Activation

The 'Activation' folder can be entirely deleted.

On Mac it can be found here:
In Finder, find the 'Go' option on the menu bar and click 'Go to folder' and type the following in:

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions/

Delete the activation.dat file within the 'Digital Editions' folder.

Restart ADE and it should be deactivated at this point. You should be good to sign back in. So long as you sign in with the original ID that was used for the books, you'll still be able to read them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!  It worked! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines