• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Touch Keyboard

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running the latest version of Indesign with the latest update on a VAIO Z CANVAS with Windows 10.

Whenever I try to type or edit text the touch keyboard appears and is very annoying and I'm not in the touch work space mode.

I checked photoshop and illustrator but does not happen.

It didn't happen before the update.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you are facing such an issue with our latest update. We are aware of a similar issue and it would be great if you can help with the below queries.

Does it happen irrespective of whether keyboard is attached or not?

Are you using the keyboard that comes with the device or some another keyboard via USB ?

Is the visibility of the touch keyboard persistent or does it disappear once you have started typing in the text box.

Regards

Abhinav (InDesign Engineering Team)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2015 Dec 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and my laptop doesn't even have a touch screen! (HP Envy 17" running Windows 10 Home).

I use a wireless Logitech USB keyboard and mouse in addition to the Laptop's built-in keyboard and touch pad.

The touch keyboard disappears as soon as I start to type in the text box.

Regards

Dafydd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2015 Dec 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi...

Are you able to see Touch Icon on the App bar of ID? Please share the screenshot of your ID screen.

Ideally, this problem should not have occurred on a non touch device.

As you said, you are on HP envy laptop which is not a touch device and has a built in keyboard, I would suggest you to reset you preferences and cache (Do maintain a back up) and let me know if you still see the problem.

Are you also using Wacom pad with your laptop?

Regards

Abhinav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having checked Device Manager I see that Splashtop has installed a touchpad and pen as virtual HIDs. However, I've had Splashtop installed for months and had not problems with keyboards popping up onscreen until the latest update.

Is there a way to roll back to the previous build of ID until this frustrating bug is fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever going to fix this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably in the next InDesign update, but updates are not pre-announced. You'll just have to find workarounds in the meantime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2016 Feb 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same error. Whenever I click into an InDesign text box, the on-screen keyboard appears.

InDesign CC 2015.2

11.2.0.100 x64

Surface Pro 2

Intel Core i5-4300U 8GB

Windows 10 Pro

10586.104 x64

Surface Pro Docking Station

Wired keyboard and mouse

It's been two months; any word on this? Proposed workarounds are unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A very small update downloaded and installed today. No change to the version number, and the problem is still here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2016 Mar 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever fixing this bug??????????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2015 Dec 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Very annoying.

InDesign 11.2.0.100 x64 Build running on a Microsoft Surface Pro 2 connected to a dock with external keyboard, mouse and monitor. Windows 10 x64 Enterprise.

I'm not in touch mode according to the App bar but still that damn touch keyboard appears on screen every time I select text with the text tool.

Regards

TGMadsen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2015 Dec 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft Surface Pro 3. Sorry.

Trashing cache and preference file does not change anything here by the way.

Regards

TGMadsen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TGMadsen,

We are aware of this issue on Surface Pro.

As a workaround, please try attaching the keyboard cover that ships with SP3 and continue using your external keyboard the way your are using it now.

Let me know if it prevents the popping of keyboard for you.

Regards

Abhinav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The keyboard cover DOES NOT ship with the device. It’s cost in excess of $100.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abhinav,

Thanks for your reply. My keyboard cover is always on (and closed) when using the Surface Pro 3 at work, so it does not prevent the onscreen keyboard alas.

Regards
TGMadsen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TGMadsen,

By closed if you mean that it is folded, then bring the keyboard cover in typing position.

When the keyboard cover is folded, it activates Tablet mode and reverting it to typing position shall work for you in stopping popping of keyboard.

Regards

Abhinav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abhinav,

By closed I meant covering the glass

I can see that you are right. If I bring the keyboard cover in typing position, I do not get the onscreen keyboard in InDesign. Nice and thanks for the tip! I will do that until the issue with Surface Pro is fixed.

Regards

TGMadsen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TGMadsen,

interesting, is your exact version really 11.2.0.100 ?

I installed the latest version of InDesign CC 2015.2 and it claims that its version number is 11.2.0.99 .

I'm on Mac OSX 10.10.3.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the Windows and Mac versions might be different build numbers. My windows version is also 100 (and the first references I saw on the forums to the update used that number) but a lot of users are reporting 99. It's odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that Mac users have build 99.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, I see this on my Mac and no updates available:
Skærmbillede 2015-12-10 12.23.45.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Log out of your CC App and log in again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2015 Dec 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter,

Logging out and in again forced it to download new updates somehow, so now I'm on build 99 on my Mac too

Regards
TGMadsen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the build numbers for Mac and Win are different. 99 for Mac and 100 for Win

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you tell us why? this is the first time I can recall that being the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines