• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Querying a secure CFLDAP

Mar 28, 2008 Mar 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out why my CFMX7 box will not authenticate with a secure LDAP. I have been able to query using ldp.exe from micosoft but nothing with CF. I have been all over the Internet looking for solutions and suggestion but nothing has helped.

I believe I imported the crt correctly but I suspect that is where I am experiencing the breakdown.

Here is the code:
<cfldap
server = "#domain#"
action = "query"
name = "results"
start = "dc=school,dc=edu"
filter = "(sAMAccountName=aasmith)"
port="636"
username="username"
password="password"
attributes = "ldapDisplayName"
secure="cfssl_basic">

I imported the crt before and tried again just case and it said that it was already there. I would like to delete the alias out and start over be could not. Can someone help me with this?

Thanks!!!
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Mar 30, 2008 Mar 30, 2008
Well the believe it or not I figured it out. It was only after reading this post ( http://www.numtopia.com/terry/blog/archives/2006/07/importing_ssl_certificates_with_keytool_finally.cfm) that I started thinking that I remember I would import certificates and thenn run a list to make sure that they were in there. I could never find them and the total amount would always stay at 106.

I then entered the following (replace "whateverthecertis"): keytool -import -keystore C:\CFusionMX7\runtime\jre\...

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I thought I followed it to the tee. However it still is not working. I tried to run "keytool -list -keystore cacerts -alias ldapserver-cert -storepass changeit -v" to check the cert but it just came back with a list of all the functions.

Any idea? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

depending on where you've installed CF, you may need to change these paths -

Open a command prompt and cd to “C:\CFusionMX7\runtime\jre\bin”

From here you can feed the command prompt the following command (on one line):

keytool -list -storepass changeit -noprompt -keystore C:\CFusionMX7\runtime\jre\lib\security\cacerts

Example:

C:\CFusionMX7\runtime\jre\bin>keytool -list -storepass changeit -noprompt -keystore C:\CFusionMX7\runtime\jre\lib\security\cacerts

This should list out all the current certs.

This blog post has more info as well - http://www.coldfusionmuse.com/index.cfm/2005/01/29/keystore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also, you didn't say what the error message, if any, you were receiving when making the ldap call. If it's 'connection failure' then it's almost a guarantee that the issue is with the cert not being imported or configured properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the error message:

Connection to LDAP Server failed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran the list function and I do not see the certificate anywhere. In addition, I just ran another one which was Starfield.cer (godaddy) and I do not see it in there either. I made sure to restart CF after each time.

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We also have a version of CF5 running and I understand that it is a bit easier to configure. Can you tell me where I could find the certificate_db? I am trying this: secure="CFSSL_BASIC, C:\cfusion\ldap\certificate_db"

However I get the following error:

Invalid security information for security type "CFSSL_BASIC" was provided within the SECURITY attribute. Please refer to the documentation for the correct format of this multi-field string value. Error: The path component, "C:\cfusion\ldap\certificate_db", specifies a file that does not exist.

Thanks for all your help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there may be an issue with how I name the alias. Would I name the alias ldap.domain.edu if that the server I was querying (server = "ldap.domain.edu")???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 30, 2008 Mar 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Well the believe it or not I figured it out. It was only after reading this post ( http://www.numtopia.com/terry/blog/archives/2006/07/importing_ssl_certificates_with_keytool_finally.... that I started thinking that I remember I would import certificates and thenn run a list to make sure that they were in there. I could never find them and the total amount would always stay at 106.

I then entered the following (replace "whateverthecertis"): keytool -import -keystore C:\CFusionMX7\runtime\jre\lib\security\cacerts -file whateverthecertis.cer -alias whateverthecertis

All of the documentation examples I read (which was quite a bit) always had "-keystore cacerts" which places it in the same directory as the keytool (C:\CFusionMX7\runtime\jre\bin). Therefore the CF server never sees it.

I hope this helps someone as it would have saved me a week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation