• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I was a customer of SAP, and SAP was a vendor with adobe edition.

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a SAP ebook i could read it through ADOBE.

My company updated me with a new computer. I could not authorize this new computer, because SAP is no longer a vendor of Adobe now.

How can i do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normal Vendor ID its the Adobe ID. Has you anytime can choose SAP?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a correct Adobe ID,the issue is when i try to authorize my computer, i could not choose SAP, bcz SAP is no longer vendor of Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want choose SAP before as Adobe ID Vendor try to install a older version of Digital Edition: Adobe Digital Editions downloads

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled the new version and installed the old version, authorized my computer, still fail to read ebooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

even i could not erase authorization any more

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Close all applications.
  2. Choose Start > Run.
  3. In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
  4. In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
  5. Select the Adept key.
  6. Choose File > Export.
  7. In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.
  8. Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.
  9. In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
  10. Close the Registry Editor.
  11. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nanaky,

Thank you. when i reauthorize my computer again, i still could not select "SAP" as ebook vendor.

Is there a way by passing the authorization?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Version of Digital Edition you has used on the old device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frank,

Was the book authorized under that defunct SAP VendorID account? If so, then unfortunately you won't be able to authorize ADE to read that book. You must be able to authenticate with that VendorID to get the permissions to read the book. This is unfortunately one of the side effects of a vendor shutting down their VendorID. Your old computer & ADE were only working this long because it was still authorized to the defunct VendorID (once signed in it doesn't requery the VendorID). You only option is to repurchase that book using a different account. I'd recommend using an AdobeID going forward since that's not at risk of shutting down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is so sad.

I worked with SAP for so long time and I took care of every books.

It is no way to repurchase those books, because SAP only provide those books if you are on training.

I called SAP and asked them to either let my ebook work or give me new ebooks, but SAP is not willing to do that.

Being a such big company and because of their reason and let me lost valuable books, it is so .........

Anyway, thank you Nanaky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has your old computer been disposed of or wiped?  If not get it back and try to de-DRM the book then transfer to the new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My old computer(belong to my company) got wiped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have all the ebooks on my new computer.

The only thing is I could not read them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At begin, SAP gave ebooks to training students.

I do not when but at a point SAP switched to ADOBE DIGITAL EDITION, give authorization to student to read ebooks through ADOBE DIGITAL EDITION.

After a very short period, SAP switched back, gave ebooks again.

I was very lucky took 4 trainings from SAP during the period that SAP give authorization to student to read ebooks through ADOBE DIGITAL EDITION.

After SAP terminated using ADOBE, I lost all 4 books.

After fighting with SAP, SAP gave me 1 ebook and refused to give me other 3 ebooks.

It seems like I would lost all those 3 ebooks forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thats not good

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took 4 courses, i could not read them, i have contacted SAP, SAP was not willing to provide me with new books

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines