• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHtml 6 crashes when generating printed documentation ("updating files" step)

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2007 Jun 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until a week ago, I had been using RoboHelp HTML version X5 on Windows XP. Mostly I used it to generate .CHM files, but would occasionally generate Word docs of the same material. I have Word 2003.

Last week I uninstalled RoboHelp X5 and installed RoboHelp 6, all without difficulty, and have been using v6 to continue working on this same RoboHelp project. In particular, I have added conditional build tags to some of the TOC objects.

Now I am trying to generate another Word doc, based on a particular conditional build tag. RoboHelp begins the generation process, but at the step where it is "Updating files", I get an error message from Windows that RoboHtml.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close, do I want to send an error report to Microsoft, etc. I click through to view the technical information, but all I get is that RoboHtml.exe is the module that crashed.

Any advice on how to fix or work around this issue will be appreciated!
- Laura

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 12, 2007 Jun 12, 2007
Welcome to the forum.

Almost certainly you have a table with some merged cells in the extreme right column!

Known problem and there is a downloadable patch that fixes it. See Snippets on my site.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2007 Jun 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Almost certainly you have a table with some merged cells in the extreme right column!

Known problem and there is a downloadable patch that fixes it. See Snippets on my site.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2007 Jun 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Exactly right Peter. Many thanks for your speedy and accurate response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp