• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't drag and drop an image into Photoshop CS5

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2012 Feb 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what's going on. I've never had this problem before.

When I try to drag and image into photoshop I get the black circle with a black line through it

I took of the administrative settings also. I've tried everything, I've uninstalled it then reinstalled it. Nothing. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not a photoshop problem.

Has something to do with the OS permission level, or image marked read only.

Rather than drag and drop try copy, or move to.  Easier for OS to handle that, especially if trying to move from external drive or network.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I change my OS settings to let me drag and drop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much! created an account jsut to show how thankful and happy I am xd. Stupid problem but hardly have I ever seen an answer to it. Dragging, nope, Copy pasting, yup. LOVES ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do you copy and paste it in? i right clicked on the image and clicked copy, but in photoshop there wasnt a paste button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you dragging the image from. Like I think I can drag a image from internet explorer but not from chrome.  Your problem may also be application related

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I drag the image from my pictures folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind the problem is fixed. Idk what happened but I uninstalled illustrator and reinstalled it and now I can drag and drop into photoshop. I didn't know illustrator was the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 23, 2014 Jan 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution for Photoshop CC: right-click the photoshop icon > Propreties > Compatibility tab,  and uncheck 'Run this program as administrator'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2014 Jul 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jimmy, which Photoshop icon are you referring to, to click on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2014 Jul 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your start menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 26, 2014 Jul 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well yes cleem any photoshop icon, or shortcut, whether its in your start menu, on you desktop....

careful: this is tricky, if you right click the photoshop icon on your windows 7 taskbar, a new menu opens, you'll have to right click again on the "Photoshop cc" icon, in order to access properties.

does this make it clear? did it work fine with you? let me know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2015 Dec 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved! thank u Jimmy , just uncheck 'Run this program as administrator'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that it doesnt work; still cannot drag images into photoshop from explorer. I havent been able to for quite a while but it used to work. Stopped working for some reason on windows 7 and now i have windows 10 it still persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2016 Sep 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In window 7 Right click on Photoshop icon then click in shortcut tab then click advance button and uncheked the check-box(run as adminstrater).....i try and solve my problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

So I just bought a MacBook Air and downloaded Photoshop Creative Design onto it. While I am wishing Photoshop I have a "new" tab created with 500 w and 700 h for example. Also while in photoshop on a separate tab I have another image that I took from the internet opened up. I am trying to drag the image that was opened in photoshop from the internet and drag it onto my "new" tab.

When I had my MacBook Pro before making a move I didn't have this problem before and I could simply drag it right on top of the tab so it transfers over. Curious if anyone has had this problem before and would love some help as I am hoping to accomplish some work here asap!

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines