• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why Won't Flash Player Install?

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. i usually use the direct installer to download Flash Player to my computer as suggested by Mods here, since it's won't install on my computer from the main site. But for some reason today when i go to direct install Flash Player it downloads but after it's finished the files won't open.

Does anyone know what this could be because i've had problems with other files not opening on my computer. I've recently had a virus problem and the last time i had one of those certain program files stopped opening for me so perhaps it's related even thought i've use this computer since the virus without any problem .

I'm using FireFox run on Windows XP 32 bit.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tylerxx,

What page are you downloading from?  What is the file name for the installer that is not working?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

I was downloading from the installation problems page for Windows. Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier

But i found way to use it by downloading from here Where can I find the "Extended Support Release" of Flash Player for Windows or Macintosh?

Not sure what the difference is but one works and one doesn't. Anyway thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi tylerxx,

The Extended Support Release is not the latest version.  It's version 18 and only contains security fixes and does not contain any other bug fixes or new features.

Is there an error message when you try to open the version 20 file (the one downloaded from the help page)?  What version of Firefox are you using?  What Service Pack is installed on your XP system?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines