• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

is it possible to import new slides and keep the audio?

Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2008 Mar 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

is it possible to import new slides and keep the audio?

The designers have changed the housestyle of the powerpoints, but the audio has been recorded in captivate in the meanwhile. Is it possible to keep the audio of the files and replace all the old powerpoint slides with new ones? (not one by one by hand off but all in one button press ?)

Thanks,

wouter

My Elearning company.
TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi wouter

This issue is a bit on the thorny side. Seems that any importing of PowerPoint will cause new slides to be created during the process. In other words, there is no way to import and simply overlay the slides that are there.

Because of this, I'm thinking the best approach may well be to simply create a totally new Captivate during that import process. Then, open the older Captivate and export all the audio from that one so you may import into the new one.

Or another possible approach here would be to use the Library function of the new project. Within the Library, use the button to open a different Library and point at the other Captivate containing the audio. Then drag the audio clips from the original project into the new and assign as needed.

Hopefully something here was helpful in some way... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

How can I export all my audio, or do i have to this slide by slide?

The disadvantage of doing this by the library is that in my library also all the wrong audio recordings are stored, so it is not easy to find the right ones quicly.

Wouter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Wouter

Are you saying that your Library has lots of other audio that isn't really used on a slide? If so, try right-clicking the Library panel and choosing "Select Unused Items". This should highlight all the sound files not in use. Now press the Delete key and they should be removed from the Library view.

Now you are faced with just what is left. You may not know which clip goes with which slide. So try this. In your Film strip, audio attached to the slide should appear as a Speaker icon in the corner. Click the Speaker icon and pop down (or up) menu should display. Choose "Find in Library". This should highlight the associated clip in the Library. Now, if you like, you may right-click the file in the Library and rename that to something like "Slide X audio" (so you know which clip goes with which slide).

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2008 Mar 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources